Our client based in Gauteng has a requirement for a Systems Architect. The specification product selection and design of infrastructure components to implement a system architecture
Education and Minimum Requirements
- Relevant Diploma / Degree
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 1 to 2 years ideally at junior specialist level
- Identifies and applies principles of visual design (e.g., composition, color, shape, design, balance and texture) to create visually compelling images that communicate desired messages through appropriate mediums
- The ability to be systematic and rule oriented in gathering, reviewing, evaluating and visualizing data from a variety of perspectives; includes the ability to work with precision
- The ability to be curious and ask questions, initiate new and better ways of doing things, devise and implement solutions and measure the impact.
- The tendency to see things in unique and unusual ways, and be resourceful in generating various solutions to problems
- Cuts to the core of issues and applies effective analysis, logic and creativity to implement solutions
- The capacity to listen attentively, present information clearly and concisely and respond appropriately to the verbal and written communication of others.
- This includes the ability to regulate delivery in response to the needs of a target audience
- Shows pride in the Organization’s brands, services and products.
- Always acts to preserve and enhance brand value and behaves in a way that delivers on Brand and Group promises
- Able to identify and integrate trends in the organization, industry, economy, political, social, legal / regulatory and global context, combined with the capacity to articulate and visualize the greater ecosystem
- Drive business profitability in the context of cost management through Information technology solutions
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SMEs, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements
- Develop and implement differentiated service models for client segments
- Liaise and communicate the system requirements to the necessary audiences e.g., testers, developers, business analysts
- Monitor changes in legislation, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices.
- Ensure drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Ensure compliance with audit requirement
- Provide infrastructure components that are used by all the domains within the architecture by providing a generalist view of technologies, both current and cutting edge; and deliver enterprise standards, assist with architecture specifications, development and integration
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement by analyzing technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Consult on application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to the technical architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Explore ways to constantly improve quality of existing services, processes and systems in order to be more efficient
- Document necessary technical architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project post mortem documentation and metric collection and deliver enterprise standards by assisting with architecture specifications, development and integration·
- Define the principles that guide technology decisions for the enterprise by assisting with designing the governance activities associated with ensuring Technology
- Architecture compliance
- Provision of training on current systems as and when required.
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation and achieve efficiencies
- Manage personal development to increase own skills and competencies
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.za for more details and to register your C.V.