Leading pharmaceutical company is looking for an experience BI Specialist to join their Johannesburg team. The BI Specialist will offer interactive visualization and advanced analytics capabilities that empower the business to make smarter and real-time decisions.
Duties and responsibilities:
Experience and qualifications:
- PowerBI development: data processing, modelling, transformation and building Visualizations
- ETL Development Using ETL tools and Techniques
- Developing Stored Procedures, views, joins, aggregates, temp tables, etc
- Understanding and implementing data processing techniques
- Understanding and implementing data transformation techniques
- Data Trouble shooting (Source files, Source systems, Databases,Etc)
- Thorough testing of unit and data set groupings is required
- Analyse, design and trouble shoot data, visualizations and ETL packages
- Building reports, dashboards and other visualizations
- Verbally communicate with team members and other stakeholders, present to small groups
- Elicit requirements verbally without the benefit of documentation
- Understand business requirements in BI context and design data models to transform raw data into meaningful insights
- Create dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) with clear objectives and consistently monitor those
- Analysing data and present data through reports that aid decision-making
- Convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide timeline to accomplish
- Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
- Chart creation and data documentation explaining algorithms, parameters, models, and relations
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform detailed analytics
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI
- Analyse current ETL process, define and design new systems
- Data warehouse development and work with SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS
- Redefine and make technical/strategic changes to enhance existing Business Intelligence systems
- Create customized charts and custom calculations as per requirements
- Design, develop and deploy business intelligence solutions as per needs
- Work with users and team members at all levels for performance improvement and suggestions
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics,
- Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics and/or Applied Mathematics
- minimum experience of 2 or 3 years working with BI tools, or any data-specific roles.
- Must have experience in BI tools, have a sound knowledge of database management, SQL querying, data modelling, data warehousing, business intelligence. Experience working ERP solutions would be advantageous.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving approach
- MS PowerBI
- MS SQL
- Data Processing
- Data Transformation
- Data Analysis
- BI Support and Analysis
- Presentation and Communication
- Verbal Requirements Elicitation
- Database Management
- MS SSIS
- Research and Implementation
- C# or similar
- Dimensional Modelling
- Stay updated with advancements and best practices in design and development
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Attention to detail,
- Precise, analytical approach to work tasks.
- Working without close supervision.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Ability to interact with business as well as technical teams
- Strong communication and management skills
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to the fast-changing business environment
- Ability to multitask and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an agile environment with a focus on continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- A team player and able to lead and initiate
Software Development Skills:
- They must be able to see the big picture and communicate insights in layman’s terms to everyone in the organization.
- They should be able to drill-down data and visualize data in the best possible way through charts / reports/ dashboards.
- He/she doesn’t have to be an expert in software development, but to meet diversified needs, they must know how to develop a custom BI solution. It is essential to understand technical aspects as well as software development architecture to transform requirements into technical presence.