Adapt IT (Pty) Ltd has a vacancy for a Technical Team Lead. This role will report into the Senior Manager: Technical Services. The purpose of this position is to manage the operational requirements of the technical team, project management of technical projects and align service delivery in the support space with the desired service levels.
We are looking for an innovate and talented individual, who has a passion to make a difference in a dynamic environment as part of our efficient and enthusiastic team.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Manages resources through providing guidance, mentorship, and support to aid team members to meet support and project commitments.
- Provides status reporting inclusive of but not limited to utilisation plans, SLA performance, project updates, process improvements and team initiatives
- Perform resource and operational management of the team to ensure team members are highly utilized and efficient.
- Conducts and provides input to the performance appraisals of team
- Motivates and inspires team members
- Assist with succession planning
- Ensure compliance with governance frameworks
- Drives the delivery of technical projects (internal and external)
- Performs Project management to ensure that the appropriate governance and compliance are followed.
- Assist with the compilation of quotes, WBSs, PRDs and sign off documents as required.
- Works with the technical team to extract project plans.
- Performs resource scheduling and planning
- Works together with the Technical Administrator to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and with the appropriate level of quality.
- Performs the function of a Project Owner for internal team Projects.
- Serves as the primary resource on larger and more complicated projects providing other team members with the necessary documentation that can be followed to implement the project.
- Proficiency in leading both physical and virtual teams
- Experience in dealing with third-party-provided services
- Operational ability in a diverse, large-scale environment
- Exceptional customer-facing skills
- Report compilation and analysis
- In-depth knowledge of escalation procedures, incident management, and other disciplines related to service delivery
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualities:
Education & Qualification
- Relevant tertiary education (BSC or similar)
- PMP (or similar Project management certification)
- ITIL certification will be advantageous
- Min 5 years of experience in a management or leadership role
- Min 3 years of experience as a Project Manager
- Technical knowledge (Oracle and Linux) will be advantageous
- Maintains high levels of understanding of product knowledge and business domain knowledge
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong understanding of ITIL
- Proven process improvement experience
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Has sound knowledge of the workings of the ICT sector
- Has strong attention to detail
- Is pro-active in executing responsibilities
- Has good communication, inter-personal and listening skills
- Is able to understand and follow instructions independently and accurately
- Has working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Visio
- Is results orientated and gets the job done
- Is able to solve problems with minimal assistance
Actively seeking and implementing opportunities to maximize value in any aspect of the business.
- Setting a culture of continuously striving for better performance
- Challenging the current state in order to seek real improvements
Motivating and developing people to deliver superior results in a responsible manner
- Building and maintaining effective culture
- Creating a climate in which individuals and teams develop their potential and contribute their best
- Managing accountabilities and providing timely and constructive feedback
- Coaching and providing development opportunities that enable high performance
Taking responsibility and accountability for own behaviour, performance and development
- Taking ownership for own performance and decisions and their impact on the business
- Demonstrating tenacity and resilience even when faced with obstacles
- Seeking opportunities for personal feedback, learning and development
- Acting decisively when tough or quick action is required