The Senior Business Analyst, who can also be called the lead analyst, is a trained individual who is required to work closely with clients to understand the client’s business domain and to gain an in depth understanding of the business needs, assessing the business impact, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. The business analyst utilizes techniques to work with stakeholders to understand structure, policies and operations and recommend solutions that enable organizational and project goals.
The Senior Business Analyst is expected to use best practice and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. The Senior business analyst must be able to solve complex problems and have the ability to apply existing solutions with a new perspective.
The analyst is required to work closely with the project team to deliver medium to large scale value-added solutions to our clients.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Works closely with stakeholders to understand the business challenge, need and process changes.
- Conducts business process analysis and design, data analysis and reporting.
- Business process mapping documentation (as is and to be).
- Analyzes, defines and documents client requirements and translates the requirements into innovative IT solutions.
- Has experience with and makes use of a large array of techniques to elicit, analyze and communicate requirements.
- Prepares business analysis work plans by thinking through the people, project and processes involved to outline the tasks and deliverables needed for the project and to estimate the time required for themselves and the stakeholders involved.
- Serves as the custodian of client’s needs, expectations and requirements and ensures consistency and accuracy of the solutions delivered.
- Manages the process of handing over the solution to the development team after the completion of the requirements and design phases.
- Works closely with the development group in the design and implementation of a solution.
- Coordinates between the client and Adapt IT at the project level.
- Oversees the functional system and user acceptance testing and review of the IT solutions.
- Leads and may also assist in the System Test cycles to ensure the traceability and accuracy of requirements.
- Will lead in the implementation phases of the project i.e. Training, hand holding and client support.
- Will manage the stakeholder interactions, planning and delivery for implementation of solutions.
- May co-ordinate, oversee and review the work of other BA’s where the projects are of large enough scope.
- May assist the project manager with project deliverables.
- Builds and maintains relationships with operational and sales personal to understand and anticipate internal and external customer needs and market demands.
- May assist our clients in the planning and scoping of several inter-related initiatives and help them make informed decisions around which initiatives to tackle first.
- Stays close to business and technology trends to ensure competitive IT solutions.
- Keeps abreast with best practice in Business Analysis as a profession.
- Provides input and works closely with Sales, Account, Product or Portfolio Management to contribute towards the delivery of RFP's, RFQ's, change request, impact assessments, and
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree/ similar qualification in IT or Business and 5 years of related experience
- More than 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst in an IT environment.
- Proven experience with business and functional and nonfunctional requirements analysis, modeling, verification and development with at least 5 - 10 years BA experience.
- Systems (holistic) thinking skills - excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Management/leadership skills
- ERP experience
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Business process re-engineering
- Functional design experience
- Nonfunctional design experience
- Product Owner experience if operated in an Agile environment
- Usability experience an advantage
- PBA or CBAP certification an advantage
- Has performed the role of a senior business analyst on complex high profile projects of varying types.
- Must be confident enough to tackle projects across multiple business domains and handle new business domains with ease.
- Will seek to see the bigger picture before heading into the details to understand where the project fits in with the client’s organizational goals.
- Plan, arrange and facilitate meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during requirement analysis and throughout subsequent development work. Takes responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations.
- Plan and organize the delivery of presentations or training sessions to all levels including senior management.
- Take responsibility for a mentoring role in relation to junior staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to plan work activities and timelines required to meet project objectives.
- Ability to provide viable solutions to ensure that project deliverables remain on track as per agreed timeline.
- Understanding of working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Ability to plan work times required to deliver on project objectives.
- Ability to administer change management with regards to implementation of solutions.
- Infrastructure understanding.
- Project management skills.
- Collaboration skills.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.