The job entails full responsibility for the integrity of the General Ledger and accuracy of reporting of the monthly business results.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Review and approve customer invoices and credit notes timeously
- Review and approve monthly reconciliation between retainer to system invoices for accuracy
- Monitor and track all Revenue and Cost Accruals to ensure accuracy of month end results.
- Accountable for completion of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the integrity of the financial records and accuracy of the general ledger, including accuracy of month end journal entries,
- Accountable for completion of monthly management accounts as well as presentation to department heads,
- Responsible for completion of inter-company confirmations and related party disclosures
- Accountable for overall vendor registration process and ensuring vendors are paid timeously
- Assist in the management of the monthly forecasting process with the financial manager and departmental heads.
- Prepare for and assist with the company’s annual audit
- Monitor and implement financial procedure improvements.
- Improve processing efficiencies and drive system improvements
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualities:
Education & Qualification
Relevant Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of SAGE X3
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
- A detailed knowledge of accounting procedures and principles of internal control is essential
- Ability to maintain effective communication between departments, different staff levels and different countries
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- 3 years articles experience beneficial
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Able to work independently, with a high degree of responsibility
- Deadline driven
- Logical thinker
Actively seeking and implementing opportunities to maximize value in any aspect of the business.
- Setting a culture of continuously striving for better performance
- Challenging the current state in order to seek real improvements
Motivating and developing people to deliver superior results in a responsible manner
- Building and maintaining effective culture
- Creating a climate in which individuals and teams develop their potential and contribute their best
- Managing accountabilities and providing timely and constructive feedback
- Coaching and providing development opportunities that enable high performance
Taking responsibility and accountability for own behaviour, performance and development
- Taking ownership for own performance and decisions and their impact on the business
- Demonstrating tenacity and resilience even when faced with obstacles
- Seeking opportunities for personal feedback, learning and development
- Acting decisively when tough or quick action is required