An exciting opportunity for a Paid Specialist-Digital Media Buyer to be based at our office in Durban. The Individual will be responsible for managing media buying aspects for the company as well as will be required to plan media buying campaigns, manage digital media buying platforms and report to relevant stakeholders. They will need to optimize advertising campaigns for the company and build relationships with the respective external suppliers. Staying up to date with the newest trends and different media platforms is essential.
- Diploma/Degree in Marketing/Digital Technologies or related.
- 1 – 2 years experience within a Digital Marketing role.
- Account Management.
- Media Buying (Online)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Programmatic Advertising
- Plan media buying campaigns for multiple markets.
- Implement and manage day-to-day programmatic buys across multiple channels, formats, and campaigns.
- Ensure targets are achieved and manage, analyze and optimize campaigns to achieve and exceed KPI’s.
- Optimize CTRs, landing pages, quality score, and conversion rates of campaigns.
- Ensure that accounts are optimized according to targets – leads generated vs. operational requirements.
- Provide ad-hoc, weekly and monthly reports to all internal parties based on performance per product and per campaign.
- Ensure continuous communication and meetings exist between all internal stakeholders to ensure target requirements are met.
- Research competitors and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Book digital media across websites, app’s and suitable ad networks.
- Optimise advertising campaigns based off performance.
- Update necessary campaign budgets upon review.
- Keep up to date with the newest trends and different media platforms.
- Report to management and key stakeholders on the performance of campaigns.
- Source and implement campaign artwork for the various external digital placements.
- Implementation of campaign tracking links.
- Work together with the compliance team to get digital campaign agreements in place.
- Campaign performance monitoring and reporting on a weekly basis.
- Assist with running of campaigns on self-service programmatic platforms.
- Join in campaign performance meetings to build direct relationships with external service providers.
- Identify and implement new potential digital external opportunities.
- Ensure contracts are renewed accordingly.
- Ensure payment for campaigns are submitted timeously are actioned and admin tasks executed.
- Implement strategies to ensure acquisition of clients.
- Proactiveness in terms of Marketing Strategies.
- Effectively managing multiple projects concurrently.
- A team player with exceptional organizational and technical skills.
- Possess the confidence to explain and sell ideas to colleagues
Compliance, Risk, and Quality
- Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure insertion orders are reviewed and signed off on.
- Ensure contractual T’s & C’s are reviewed and approved.
- Ensure budgets are implemented across campaigns accordingly.
- Ensure artwork for time sensitive competitions or promotions are posted and removed on time
- Ensure reporting is accurate and legible.
- Ensure logical saving of all contract, artwork roll outs, campaigns, approvals etc.
Growth and New Markets/Products
- Maintains technical knowledge as well as builds new relationships by attending workshops and seminars
- Keep abreast with competitor activity, market innovation, market trends, and customer trends.
- Ensure measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve the short term, medium term, and long-term goals.
- Product innovation, new service offerings to customers.
- Source new customers.
Skills and competencies:
- Must demonstrate excellent Analytical and Computer Skills
- Goal orientated and results driven work ethic.
- Ability to Manage multiple projects from start to end and take accountabilty
- Portray strong attention to detail and creativity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to meet deadlines.