We have vacancy for a Senior Linux Administrator. This position is for remote working (working from home), the successful candidate will be self-motivated, structured and disciplined. you will be responsible for all phases of systems administration and support within a LINUX environment.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- LPIC / Linux+ or the equivalent is a requirement
- B.Sc Computer Science or equivalent is a requirement / AWS Cloud Practitioner or Associate level SysOps Administrator
- 5 – 10 Years experience in Information Technology
- 5+ Years significant experience as a technical specialist in Linux and Public Cloud with a proven track record
- 5+ Years significant experience with Virtual environments including LXD/LXC and KVM
- 3+ Years experience in Radius/AAA protocols, specifically FreeRadius
- 3+ Years experience in deploying and maintaining of MySQL
- 3+ Years experience in Developing and deploying automation technologies including monitoring, configuration management and deployment solutions.
- Proven ability to have worked with teams in delivering and supporting Linux infrastructure and solutions
- Demonstrate a track record writing scripts and code to resolve issues and to increase levels of automation. Experience with Automation tools such as Ansible.
- Experience with DevOps tools – GitLab
- In-depth knowledge of common LAMP stack components (Linux OS, Apache Web Server, MySQL, PHP)
- Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, HTTPS, HTTP, RADIUS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS).
- Solid experience with Shell scripting
- Solid experience in NAS/SAN Technologies
- Knowledge of High Availability concepts
- Performance monitoring via utilities and commands
- Disaster Recovery Planning knowledge
- Resourceful, attention to detail and good at fault finding.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time-management skills
- A stable and fast Internet connection from home that can support VoIP
- Dedicated Office space at home (with limited distractions)
Key Personal attributes:
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Logical approach and attention to detail is key
- Attitude is key in your success
- Team player
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining, monitoring and operation of the Linux based systems consisting of +/- 150 LXD Containers, AWS EC2
- Instances and Servers running
- Open Source Software that are key to daily business operations.
- Rolling out new Linux systems, upgrading, replacing, and improving the long-term performance of the systems.
- Provide 2nd line support within the Systems & Infrastructure Team
- Maintaining service configurations as and when they change or are deployed
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the infrastructure
- Develop and maintain documentation for standards, processes, policies and procedures
- Ensure System Availability, Performance and Monitoring
- Ensure the overall health and performance of production environment
- To assist with Disaster recovery management, procedures & documentation
- Keep DR environment in sync with production environment
- Assist with creation of DR plan and recovery procedures for Linux systems and applications
The right candidate:
- Clearly understands the challenges of data loss and has a successful track record of preventing it
- Demonstrates passion for optimal systems and simple procedures
- Demonstrates passion for technology to serve operational and client requirements
- Has a strong sense of ownership and getting on with the job
- Is tenacious in troubleshooting problems
- Is able to say the words "I don't know" and “I messed up” and have said both at least once
- Collaborate with different teams within the organisation
- Is passionate about quality and high standards
- Understands the false economy of interim solutions
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted