The Business Development Executive is responsible for acquiring New Business and Growing Sales Revenue within their assigned Geographic Territory, whilst developing and nurturing Senior Management relationships with New and Existing customers
The primary job duty is to sell business applications and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation, and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale.
- Maintain good knowledge of Products through ongoing E-Learning and participation in Coaching or Training Events.
- Hold Assessment Meetings with Existing and Prospective Customers - Cloud Strategy.
- Frequently Update and Maintain CRM (Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities).
- Develop New Leads and Opportunities through Prospecting and Cold Calling Activities.
- Prepare Weekly Feedback on Opportunities and Participate in internal Sales Meetings.
- Collaborate on Opportunities with Internal Stakeholders and Partners as required.
- Support and execute Sales and Marketing Campaigns or Promotions.
- Maintain and Nurture relationships with New & Existing Customers.
- Participate in Marketing & Sales coordinated Events as Required.
- Follow up on all Nurtured Leads and Open Opportunities – CRM.
- Perform general administrative duties related to the role.
- Follow up on outstanding Payments on Orders received.
- Promote Products and Services to potential customers.
- Hold Weekly EOS meetings with Inside Sales Assistant.
- Qualify and follow up on all Marketing Leads.
- Achieve Targets and Increase Sales Revenue.
- Prepare Sales Proposals and Quotations.
Formal Education & Certification
- Diploma in Information Technology, Project Management, Sales and Marketing or Business Administration
Knowledge and Experience
- 2 Years External Sales Experience - (CAD, CAE, Database, or similar software sales - advantageous)
- Computer Literacy and advanced use of Microsoft Applications - Mainly Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- Experience using Cloud CRM software - Salesforce, HubSpot, etc.
- Selling, Presentation, and Negotiation Skills
- Sales Projecting and Forecasting skills
- Analytical and problem-solving sills
- Strategic Account Development
- Customer Experience driven
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Fluency in both English and Afrikaans (African Languages or French-speaking – advantageous)