An innovative procurement manager to lead our procurement team. You must have experience in national and internal sourcing. You will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, cost control, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.. further you will manage and the logistics for all the procurement, good receiving, ware housing and dispatch to final destination.
Our procurement manager will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for leading a team of procurement professionals through a centre of excellence model responsible for the timely and efficient procurement of equipment, materials, supplies and services to our business and vessels. The position is expected to demonstrate a broad-based knowledge of all aspects of the sourcing and procurement process, as well as optimize process efficiency through the use of continuous improvement methodologies and tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing procurement strategies and procedures that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.(cost, quality, lead time, etc)
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Managing the incoming stream of Requisitions, and ensure multiple appropriate quotations been obtained and circulate to the requisition initiator for review and selection of Quality and price.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services, checking delivery notes on order volumes, Quality and prices, screen the related invoices and make payment advices to Finance department.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing and improving the company Pastel procurement & IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Preparing procurement reports and ware house stock reports on a monthly basis.
- Develop and improve team performance across the functions of market and supplier analysis, the bid/proposal process, supplier evaluation criteria, negotiations, contracting, supplier performance management cross-functional teaming to ensure optimal supplier performance at lowest total cost of ownership
- Optimize workload distribution and strategic focus of the team by redistributing tactical activity to outsourced transactional provider
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance, including supplier development and process/cost improvement, including driving process improvements across Supply Chain
- Management, training and performance management of the entire procurement department team.
- Implement and revise where necessary a procurement organogram, including details job descriptions and KPI’s of all procurement team members.
- Collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders, cross-functional teams, as well as senior leadership
- Initiate supply diversity opportunities, prequalifying potential suppliers and including suppliers in bids
- Incorporate safety into daily work ethic, team leadership and buying decision process
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Exceptional business acumen, with broad-based knowledge of sourcing, procurement, contracting and supplier management processes, technology and systems
- Proven experience managing Procurement or Supply chain operations within Marine Mining environment.
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Pastel, Ariba, and/or Envision.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access and Sage Pastel ).
- Job experience 15+ years experience (Managerial experience 7+ years experience in relevant (pref MARINE MINING or Offshore related services) areas of Procurement and general supply chain management
- Experience with integrated ERP business systems
- Job experience in mining industry - Experience with large mining projects
- Extensive negotiation skills
- Good communication skills - verbal and written both internally and externally
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.