Our Client a Global Tech firm is seeking a Technical EUC Team Lead to join their team in Cape town on a contract basis. They offer stability, growth, attractive rates and a great working environment.
The EUC Engineer will provide technical support to end-users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware and software. He/She responds to documents and resolves service tickets in a timely manner and according to Service Level Agreements.
Provide IT Support
- Provide technical support to users
- Perform ad-hoc analysis
- Assist users with hardware and software installations
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
Implement New Systems
- Develop technical specifications and evaluate technical responses as part of IT procurement
- Install hardware equipment, software, and maintenance agreements
- Perform acceptance testing of installed/upgraded equipment
- Oversee integration, compatibility, and continuing operations of systems to ensure minimal disruption
- Design new methods of highly complex reporting and presentation
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies
- Prepare, propose, implement and track projects, policies, procedures, and standards relating to Technology Management, IT security, and infrastructure as a whole.
- Organize system activities including planned maintenance events, system backup processes, and disaster recovery drills
- Develop supporting documentation of all activities
- Research alternates between existing software and hardware
- To work closely with stakeholders in cross-functional groupings to ensure integration, project execution, and successful implementation and support with minimal disruption to user operation
- Review trend of support cases related to endpoint, deployment, and areas to identify any areas of concern, propose and implement improvement measures
- Identify interdependencies when analyzing problems to develop feasible innovative solutions in compliance with security.
- Coordinate activities to identify, diagnose and rectify problems with little precedence
- Simulate user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Develop innovative solutions and/or systems modifications to reduce user problems
- Develop mitigating and/or preventive solutions
- Assist senior leaders in disaster recovery planning and testing
- At least 7 years or more experience in Desktop EUC environment using leading methodologies (Windows 7 & 10 platforms) & processes with some network and firewall knowledge preferred.
- Three (3) years or more experience in RFP documentation, clarification, negotiation, and completion of the procurement cycle
- Possess leadership qualities. Have managed a team of at least 5 for the past 3 years.
- Successful track record in project management, user and vendor management, and as a project lead for small to mid-scale projects.
- Experience in MS Windows environment & application support.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience in End-user device deployment and planning in the healthcare industry or government domain is an added advantage.