- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar) - essential
- 7-10 yrs working experience in data warehousing with at least 5 project life cycles
- 5-10 yrs retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes.
- 5 yrs working experience with different ETL integration technologies (SSIS, Talend, SAP Data Services, etc.)
- 5+ yrs working experience with data modelling tools
- 5+ yrs worked on projects across multiple applications, SAP and non-SAP
- 5+ yrs experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 5+ yrs excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well designed complex enterprise class systems.
- 5+ yrs excellent technical development and be able to mentor others to improve their design and development skills.
- 3+ yrs identification and formulation of solution architecture and solution alternatives and their assessment.
- 5+ yrs demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices.
- 5+ yrs lead a team through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects and other members of the software development team.
- 2-3 yrs experience with current research and standards in Solution Architecture.
- 2-3 yrs experience in high volume data and files processing, in a batch and real time, integration environment. - desirable
- 3+ yrs project management experience of mid-sized projects. - desirable
- Architecture and solution design (UML, OO, SOA, etc.)
- S/W frameworks and methodologies (Agile, TOGAF, etc.)
- Solid track record in successful delivery solution architecture
- Commercial & business understanding of retail industry - desirable
- Knowledge and experience in the design and use of (multi-dimensional) Data Warehouses, and the use of ETL software to provide these with information
- Experience using an RDBMS and advanced skills in query languages, especially SQL and Python
- Experience using BI solutions, decision support systems, OLAP technology, and multi-dimensional data
- Experience with AWS BI-related technologies (e.g. Talend, EMR, Kinesis, Selinium, Athena, Redshift, etc.) - desirable
- Experience with modern data warehousing technologies such as Snowflake, Teradata, Oracle 12c, Informatica, Cloudera, Alteryx, etc.
- Experience with data monetization business models - desirable
- Define and continuously improve the data warehousing architecture framework and solution architecture modeling standards.
- Define a structured data warehouse architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Identify, define and communicate standards, guidelines, formats, meta-models, policies, best practices, and governance practices for Data Warehouse architectures and designs.
- Define data warehousing architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Ensure Data Warehousing security conforms to Information Security Governance policies and standards.
Please note that prospective employees will be subject to security vetting. Should you not hear from us within 10 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.