Providing efficient and proactive support of systems for all Village and Life members of staff. Challenging and result driven role, fulfilling the expectations of the group 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Sound knowledge of any system using Windows and MacOS as its Operating System, and MS Office suites. Attention to service delivery at the highest of standards, maintaining time management and priority levels.
- QUALIFICATION: Matric
- Microsoft Certification or Similar
- EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years in IT Support role
- MS Active Directory
- Desktop Operating Systems (Windows and MacOS)
- MS Office
- Clear Communication
- Relationship Building
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Research and Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The expectation is that the employee, will always be available telephonically, with rapid response to email from both personal computer and mobile phone. All below administration duties and responsibilities are subject to approval of the IT Manager.
- Duties include, and not limited to:
- Filing of Agreements, Information, Proposals and Transactions.
- Draft designs and distribution of “How to” guidelines to staff.
- Updating of Asset Registers and stock keeping of IT Equipment in storage.
- DSTV Account activation and deactivation requests.
- Monthly password changing communication sent to all staff.
- Documenting and maintaining system access details.
- Quarterly revision on E-Mail Distribution groups.
- Quarterly revision of all Internal Extension Numbers.
- Quarterly comparison of assets versus TeamViewer and Sophos Endpoints.
- Quarterly printer management and user clean-ups.
- Vendor coordination for quoting, orders, deliveries, collections, or repairs.
- Completion of daily checklists and reporting to IT Manager.
- Setup and Support
- Hardware and Software
- Following Quality Control Checklists for computer deployments.
- Desktop and Laptop setup in accordance with VNL Domain policies and standards.
- Assisting and / or training on any software users by VNL.
- Citrix Desktop assignments, user profile creation, user revocation, and general troubleshooting.
- IP Printer setup for scanning and secure printing.
- Audio and Video resolution of quality and system failures.
- CCTV user setup, configuration, and rights assignments.
- VOIP Telephone setup, registration, and basic troubleshooting.
- Immediate attendance and resolution to faulty Point of Sale systems.
- Testing integrity of UPS Systems and coordinating repairs.
- Monthly VIP Backups for Payroll rollover periods.
- Basic system checks whilst connected via TeamViewer.
- Assistance for setup of conference venues.
- Users and Groups
- Domain user creation, modification, group assignments and revocation.
- E-mail address creation, modification, group assignments and revocation.
- Resolving any non-delivery or non-receiving of E-mail on Outlook client or Mimecast
- Ticket System
- Response and resolution to all support tickets within SLA timeframe.
- Immediate response and resolution to any system generated alerts.
- Firewall VPN creation, setup, and revocation.
- Network Cabling installation and repairs.
- Wi-Fi coverage and troubleshooting.
- Point to Point wireless equipment installation and repairs.
The duties as per the above should not be read in isolation but may change as the policies, procedures and operational requirements of the business evolves. All the above is noted as first line support and should be handed over to the IT Manager and / or Vendor or Supplier, should it not be resolved within a desired timeframe, as set out in the SLA.