A recognised Financial Services company is searching for a mature manager, who has experience in working a controlled environment, to their Accounts Payable team.
To manage the Accounts Payable function for an international Financial Services company.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Part or full accounting/bookkeeping qualification
- Previous experience managing an AP team specifically - minimum 2 years in such a role in addition to AP experience
- Previous experience in a group structure/shared services is advantageous
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and Navone systems is preferred
- Previous experience with integrated Procurement to payment systems advantageous
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage a team of Accounts Payable Assistants/Officers.
- Overseeing the upkeep of purchase ledgers of Group operating entities, including liaising with department heads, chasing outstanding expense authorisation, posting invoices and staff expense and credit card forms.
- Ensures the division’s compliance with the Group expenditure policy and adherence to internal financial controls.
- To develop a Global supplier list and to help identify potential procurement efficiencies for the business
- Overseeing operational activities e.g. timely replies to supplier queries, chasing up of invoices, creating payment runs for various expenses/purposes.
- Monthly reconciliation of purchase ledger to nominal ledger, highlighting any problems.
- Preparation of monthly expense accruals for the financial accounting team
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, including preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports.
- Producing annual accounts payable budgets and forecasts, with involvement in year-end accounts and with annual internal and external audit.
- Supporting the Financial Accounting team with daily and monthly transactions and ledger reconciliations as required.
- Provide cover in the absence of Group Finance colleagues.
- Input into the preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- AP related projects – Implementation of Accounts Payable and Accounting systems & Integration of new future M&A’s entities within group processes.
We welcome all applications from candidates that meet the above set requirements. Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful should you not hear from us within 14 days from the date of application
By submitting your information, you confirm that:
- We may retain your personal information in our database for future matching.
- We may contact you for your consent to submit your CV to suitable vacancies.
- That the information you have submitted is true, correct, and up to date.