This is an opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst (BA) to be a part of an exciting journey as the university continues to explore and deliver innovative, quality ICT services to its students, academics, researchers, and broader stakeholder community.
Are you proactive, dynamic, motivated, and passionate about Business Analysis? Do you have a customer-centric and process view of systems and business? Are you well versed in requirements elicitation, analysis, assessment, and validation?
Our client is seeking to employ a Senior Business Analyst (BA) in its Information and Communication Technology Services (ICTS) department on a 12-month, fixed-term contract basis. A hybrid - remote working model is on offer with most of the work and engagements conducted virtually. However, the occasional in-person engagement may be required onsite at the Cape Town-based offices.
This is an opportunity to be part of a core team of BA’s reporting to the director of the IT Governance Support Services (GSS) Division within ICTS.
The environment is results-driven and one where team members are trusted, supported, and empowered to grow, where a healthy work-life balance is promoted, contributions are valued, and achievements are celebrated.
As an experienced business analyst, you will be exposed to a range of projects (e.g., Business Process Optimisation, Systems Development and Technology Infrastructure projects) and will engage with a diverse group of stakeholders ranging from technical teams to members of the Academic, Research and PASS departments as well as third-party Vendors.
The ideal candidate will:
- have excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills;
- have a customer-centric focus with the ability to develop strong stakeholder relationships and manage expectations;
- demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm, initiative and adaptability;
- have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- be skilled at time management and multi-tasking;
- have a track record of accountability, taking ownership, following through on commitments and driving tasks through to completion;
- have a track record of delivery with attention to detail, within agreed timelines;
- work well independently and as part of a closely-knit team, contributing toward the team’s performance and growth.
- Requirement elicitation, analysis, and prioritisation
- Documentation of business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Conducting Enterprise analysis for Strategic initiatives
- Business process reviews and process mapping.
- Assisting with market assessments, feasibility studies and solution development
- Developing business cases
- Assisting in the Project Management and Systems Development Life Cycles: e.g.
- stakeholder mapping.
- risk assessment.
- assisting in project scoping, planning and estimation.
- assisting with solution designs and the development of prototypes and mock-ups.
- assisting with quality control through the development of test plans, test packs and facilitation of user acceptance testing (UAT).
- An NQF Level 7 qualification (equivalent to a Bachelor’s / BTech Degree or Advanced Diploma) in Information Systems or a related IT Management qualification plus a minimum of 5 Years’ relevant BA experience in medium to complex projects; or
- An NQF Level 6 qualification (equivalent to a National Diploma or Advanced Certificate) in Information Systems or a related IT Management qualification, plus a minimum of 6 Years’ relevant BA experience in medium to complex projects.
- A thorough understanding of and proficiency in the Software / Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with exposure to modelling tools such as BPMN, MS Visio, ARIS etc.
- Thorough understanding of and experience working within an industry-recognised project management methodology.
- Industry recognised Business Analysis certification.
- Proven track record of serving as the liaison between business and technical development and delivery teams.
- Excellent English verbal and written business communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and prioritisation skills