Fantastic opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join a leader in the technology and education sector.
The ideal candidate must have a degree in finance or similar and a CA(SA) or CGMA designation would be highly advantageous. Previous experience in a similar role will also be viewed positively, along with a focus on financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and costing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compilation of Annual Financial Statement for various companies in the group.
- Monthly management accounts reconciled to TB.
- Review of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of the profit and loss for each Business Unit.
- Monthly consolidation cash flows.
- Monthly preparation of the Cash Reserve forecast.
- Comparison of Actual vs Budget vs Forecast.
- Preparation and upload of the Business Unit monthly forecasts.
- Preparation of a 12 month cash flow forecast.
- Detailed knowledge of ABC costing.
- Preparation of detailed costing reports.
- Record cost information in expenditure cost control.
- Monitor and control the use of assets and resources within the Business Units.
- Update standard SOPS’s on a continual basis.
- Update all control procedures.
- Preparation of the monthly financial statistics.
- Project accounting for each project and preparation of the profit and loss per project.
- Maintenance of the general ledger and assist with month end closure of the general ledger and other required reconciliations.
- Perform and report on feasibility studies.
- Update IT improvement projects where required.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar.
- CA(SA), CGMA or similar professional qualification highly advantageous.
- Completed SAICA, SAIPA, CIMA articles preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience with at least 1 year post articles experience in similar role.
- Expert MS Excel skills essential (Pivot tables, Data Management, V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Macros, etc.).
- Advanced computer literacy.
- R40,000 to R55,000 pm, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Discretionary performance bonus.