To provide support engineering skills to the Online and Mobile App IT support teams that work towards monitoring, diagnosing, and remediating issues across applications and infrastructure.
- Analysis, technical design, and development aligned to team processes & requirements
- Develop technical specifications from systems specifications.
- Design and code programmes of greater complexity and size from technical specifications.
Maintain and support existing systems
- Interpret user requirements and translate them into systems design.
- Investigate and solve systems issues.
- Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
Ensures effective operations
- Implement approved changes as per change control and security process
- Plan, organize, and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to areas
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of processes, technology, and architecture.
- Utilize problem-solving skills & techniques to drive the resolution of issues
- Ensure systems conform to IT governance and information security requirements
- Provide input into systems related Risk Management Strategies and risk mitigation
- 3-year IT Diploma
- Java / J2EE
- MySQL relational database
- AWS Cloud front
- Postman (JSON language, retail services are RESTful)
- Operational/system support background
- Specific analysis and development skills
- Cloud based experiences beneficial
- 3-5 years E-commerce or M-commerce industry experience (Android and IOS Experience)
- 2-5 year's programming/analyst programming experience
- Will be required to perform standby duties on a rotational basis
- Willing to adopt a hybrid way of working (i.e. in-office and from home)
- Knowledge of IT landscape, including a systemic understanding of key business linkages and dependencies
- Is aware of and responsive to internal and external events and influences on the technical landscape
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends, and best practices, and apply findings
- Appropriately derives and organises the essence of information to draw solid conclusions
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover the root causes of problems to be solved
- Synthesises data from different sources to identify trends
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
- Clearly defines objectives and translates them into workable activities
- Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments and keep the appropriate people informed
- Listens attentively and checks to understand the message being received.
- Prepares clear, well-structured presentations using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Manages existing partnerships within established agreements or contracts; negotiates adjustments when mutually beneficial to do so.
- Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- Convinces others by identifying benefits for all; looks for ways to increase the value of the partnership for all parties.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organisation.
- Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Actively seeks out positive spin-offs of change and investigates ways in which change can be used
- Anticipates change and continuously remains prepared for change
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring the necessary knowledge, skills, and competencies to adapt to change