Our client is one of the world’s largest independent corporate and trust services providers with offices based in Cape Town and Stellenbosch.
Our client is looking for an Administrator (Retirement Products) to join their team.
This role involves all aspects of retirement products administration within the office, as well as reporting to the relevant management team.
Responsibilities will include the day-to-day administration of retirement products with an insight to Trusts and Companies.
- Dealing with administrative tasks relating to retirement products.
- Responding to and actioning member queries and administrative requests.
- Updating Viewpoint and other relevant systems.
- Following a range of checklists to ensure accurate administration of a range of tasks.
- Preparing, collating and dispatching documentation which could include, but not limited to, member benefit requests, transfer out requests and investment applications (broker accounts / bank accounts).
- Preparing trustee minutes and resolutions.
- Liaising with, and responding to, queries from intermediaries and introducers.
- Liaising with investment houses.
- Dealing with all retirement product requests including the collation of all relevant information which is to be presented to authorize to authorized signatories in an accurate, and organized fashion to ensure a quick review and sign off.
- Liaising with the accounts and compliance departments with regard to monetary movements of funds within the plan, which could include any monies being transferred both in and out of the account.
- Working in accordance with the published mission, vision and values of the company.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time in accordance with the demands of the role and development of the services provided.
- Minimum 5 GCSE qualification (grade C or above) including English and Mathematics (or the South African equivalent).
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a financial services role.
- Experience of pensions administration.
- Experience of trust administration.
- A good working knowledge of how to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience of manual and / or electronic client recording systems.
- Understanding of compliance and client due diligence requirements.
- Understanding of relevant regulations on money laundering, countering financial crime.
Skills and Abilities:
- Numerate, diligent, and well organized.
- Good communication skills, including drafting emails and responding appropriately to telephone calls.
- Good client and company focus.
- Accurate with good attention to detail.
- Good team-player.
- Good time-management.
- Ability to respond to urgent or delicate matters with tact and diplomacy, and to recognize the need to refer to management when required.
- Good social and presentation skills.
- Desire to continuously learn and improve skills.
- Good work ethic.
- Flexibility with hours of work and range of products.
- Supports company values.
- Strong commitment to organization effectiveness and service delivery.
- Demonstrates drive.
- Proactive in seeking new tasks.
- Self-motivated and diligent.
Salary: Market related (depending on qualifications and experience)
Location: Cape Town.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online for this position if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Closing date: 13 May 2022
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.