Are you analytically minded, curious and enthusiastic about data? Passionate about finding insights in datasets, with the ability to synthesise and clearly communicate the results and drive business impact?
An exciting opportunity exists within our clients Warehouse Team.
We are looking for an individual with experience in data analysis, data modelling and with a keen passion to build data warehouses.
If you believe you have what it takes, then our client wishes to hear from you. They are wanting a resource to assist them to mature their data warehousing capability as you grow your skills and competencies in this exciting field.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end tasks within the data analysis framework working with business representatives, product owners, etc. to define and elicit requirements, analyse data and own the enterprise data warehouse model.
Key result areas
- Define standards and guidelines for various delivery teams to adopt and build out domain specific data models
- Drive adoption of the enterprise data modelling tool as the central repository of the enterprise vault layer
- Provide SME guidance and act as coach/ mentor to help workload teams adopt and implement the Data Vault Modelling Technique (DV).
- Chair the Data Vault Analyst Forums to drive alignment of Shared Hubs and consistency across Links and Satellites
Enterprise Vault Layer
- Collate information from various stakeholders and collaboratively design Raw Vault data models using DV
- Curate and manage the business glossary and metadata to support data discovery and reuse of datasets within the Enterprise Vault Layer
- Work with developers to review and enable the implementation of vaults of source systems
- Work with scrum masters and developers to co-ordinate, govern and plan the deployment of vaults across environments
- Work with analysts and developers to ensure data completeness, consistency and accuracy through automation (data debugging)
- Work directly with management and other business users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships
- Present information using data modelling techniques
- Develop and conduct analyst training
- An Appropriate IT Qualification (Diploma/Degree in (statistics/data or computer science/engineering) will be a strong recommendation.
- Practical experience in data modelling, data warehousing, data analysis and data profiling
- Business or Systems Analyst certification will be advantageous
Knowledge and Experience
- More than 5 years of experience performing data modelling or data warehouse data model build
- Strong knowledge of and experience with relational databases or Hadoop Distributed File System (preferred), data modelling (Kimball or Data Vault) and querying (SQL)
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing software development lifecycle
- Ability to perform well under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Business experience in financial services an advantage
- Strong analytical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with data in various data sources and databases
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Experience working in an agile environment, along with working experience of SharePoint, JIRA, and Confluence
- Excellent attention to detail