Our client believes the appointment of a Distribution Analyst with appropriate experience and qualifications will allow it to support the increase in business demand.
Qualifications and experience:
Knowledge / Skills / Attributes:
Area: Bellville area, Cape Town.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Market related salary offered.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Should you fit the profile kindly apply online for this position.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.
The aim of this new role is to increase the capacity to support and maintain the Guidewire & Thunderhead production and non-production infrastructure and software.
THE PERSON WILL ALSO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Managing & supporting complex systems in the cloud.
• Driving optimisation of the DevOps environment through the use of automation.
• Providing direction to stakeholders impacted by DevOps operations and will also have to be
the lead technical expert in various DevOps-related domains in order to provide direction,
approval, and support as required.
• Serving as an escalation point for the technical roles in this team and for others who may need
• Provide direction and guidance to Architects and Technical Specialists on ways to automate
and improve the development, release management, and production observation processes &
procedures. This role will be responsible for the solution that is implemented and will have
to sign off any solution developed.
• Oversee, manage and optimise the administration of infrastructure deployment, technical
support processes, support procedures, deployments & releases, servers, nodes, databases,
• Drive adoption of standards that are to be adhered to by software developers and testers to
ensure that they follow established processes and work as intended.
• This will include coordination of the relevant training & certification in relation to the
requirements of the roles.
• Identify opportunities for efficiency and improvements of hardware and
• software resource performance (CPU, Memory, Disk I/O, etc.) across all environments and
take decisive action where potential business user impact is anticipated or experienced
• Team management and leadership
• National Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information
Systems, Information Technology, Engineering field preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience within IT.
• Minimum of 5 years within a Lead role, managing complex hardware and software environments
• 5+ years’ software development experience in Java at a senior level.
• Solid experience with Docker, Atlassian Suite, Bamboo
• Solid experience in application development, support, and release management
• Experience in messaging middleware, web services, SOAP, REST, SOA, ESB, SMTP, FTP, secure FTP
• Minimum 5 years of experience working with and supporting complex systems deployed to the cloud
• Working experience with Linux (RHEL), Java, SQL Database, distributed web applications
• Proficient in Solution architecture design and delivery (e.g. TOGAF)
• Experience with Docker, Atlassian Suite, Bamboo
• 5+ years’ IT development experience in Java
• Solid experience working with and supporting complex systems deployed to cloud i.e. AWS
• Competent in problem-solving and troubleshooting at application and networked infrastructure
• Stakeholder management as it relates to business and technical users at different levels in the
• Research and presentation skills
• Must be able to work in a team focused highly pressurised and dynamic environment
• Investigation and analysis of information
• Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities are key
• Planning and organisation
• Communication of technical guidance and instruction to team members
• Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications
• Ability to accept accountability for actions and decisions
• Able to succeed through others
• Enterprise Systems Management
• Service standards
• Project Oversight
• IT governance and compliance
• Cultivates Innovation
• Flexible and Adaptable
• Drives Results
• Client Focus
The role of the Development Manager: Outsourced Business is to manage the technical extension, maintenance and operation of the IT applications that support the companys Outsourced Business, based in Bellville, Cape Town.
The purpose of the role includes the following:
The Development Manager: Outsourced Business will provide the following key services:
SOLUTION DELIVERY AND MANAGEMENT:
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing and providing guidance to the Scrum teams in BI. The additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Knowledge and Experience:
Companies Core Competencies
Under general direction, assesses complex situations that involve greatest risk. Provides guidance, manage and coordinate the resolution of Major IT incidents to minimise impact and downtime to the Business.
Cape Town based
Knowledge and Skills
Are you analytically minded, curious and enthusiastic about data? Passionate about finding insights in datasets, with the ability to synthesise and clearly communicate the results and drive business impact?
An exciting opportunity exists within our clients Warehouse Team.
We are looking for an individual with experience in data analysis, data modelling and with a keen passion to build data warehouses.
If you believe you have what it takes, then our client wishes to hear from you. They are wanting a resource to assist them to mature their data warehousing capability as you grow your skills and competencies in this exciting field.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end tasks within the data analysis framework working with business representatives, product owners, etc. to define and elicit requirements, analyse data and own the enterprise data warehouse model.
Key result areas
Enterprise Vault Layer
Knowledge and Experience
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link