If you are an experienced Line (Production) Manager there is an opportunity available in Operations with a leading fruit packing company, in Addo, EC.
The role entails planning and execution of the packing of citrus on a production line. This involves managing the people and other resources to pack product that is on specification and production costs and goals are achieved.
- Ensure that hourly and daily production and quality targets are met.
- Identify areas and reasons for poor production and address them.
- Ensuring adherence to local and international food safety standards and requirements.
- Assurance of continuous quality control measures.
- Report any equipment failure and maintenance requirements to Engineering department.
- Record all relevant production and technical data.
- Maintain and utilize various reports as dashboards in order to measure against targets.
- Identify development areas and manage people performance.
- Pro-active planning of staff, stock and other resources with internal departments.
- Effective control of all employee relations, disciplinary, grievance and absenteeism related matters.
- Present daily production progress and planning reports at Management meetings.
- Must have passed Grade 12 /Matric
- Formal qualification in Production / Operations management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of (5) year's experience managing a large team in a production environment.
- Proven Computer literacy – MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Able to draw reports on Excel.
- Knowledge of BRC and QHSE system will be of advantage.
- SA citizen (ID holder) with a clean criminal history.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work Dayshift / Nightshift.
- Be willing to be part of the maintenance team outside the fruit-packing period.