IT support (Internship)
Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology
Friday, 07 May 2021
IT/Computer - IT Support/Helpdesk
An internship in IT support is available at Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology South Africa.
Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology is a Global organization that has pioneered automated ballistic identification over 25 years ago and continues to promote a safer society as a leading technology provider for firearm identification, document examination, and comparison microscopy, with a small team of dedicated, professionals working to support our customers around the globe.
Our office is based in Pretoria, and we focus on the sub-Saharan African region and assist with other regions when required.
We work closely with our Dublin office to solve the region's customers IBIS systems issues, we focus on objective problem solving, helping the support specialist and support field technicians develop a healthy and sustainable future, and keeping our society safe by increasing the capacity of the region which helps law agencies.
This internship offers practical work experience, an introduction to Windows desktop support and IBIS training, an opportunity to gain experience from the technical team in our organization.
This internship will involve challenging opportunities, real technical projects, and interaction with staff.
This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the IT field.
If you have exceptional customer service skills, are highly dependable and enjoy being the one that everyone comes to for IT technical help, then we are looking for you.
For more information about our company please click the link below.
The intern will provide direct technical assistance and support to Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology customers for network, hardware, and software issues relating to the IBIS systems.
Duties include installing and maintaining IBIS Ballistic computer systems including software and hardware on desktops systems, resolving network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to obtain one-on-one technical assistance as needed.
Assist our customers with regards to DATA acquisitions when our customer has received clearance and processes approved by our customers legal department.
Trouble shooting software and hardware issues on IBIS systems and determining causes of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing and resolution via repairs, or external support assistance.
The intern will be restricted to working in the Pretoria region.
This appointment is fixed to 12 months with the potential to go beyond.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and
help develop solutions.
• Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system
software, and application software.
• Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing
• Identify and report system issues internally and to Customers.
Monitor and test resolution of issues sent from customers.
• Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers
infected with viruses.
• Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
• The Intern will be restricted to working in the Pretoria region and will
not be required to travel to any other SAPS sites.
Record activities, solutions, and other responses to request for
• Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for
• Consult with our customer, perform research, and evaluate products
to assist our customer and maintaining their equipment.
• Provide backup technical support for network including router,
firewall, and wireless access point.
• Maintains open communication and positive working relationship
• Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology is looking for an intern with exceptional customer service skills, solid troubleshooting skills, ability to work well in a team environment, excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Applicants must be computer literate and have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating systems and Software applications.
Applicant must have awareness of the PC industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer information systems and technology.
Interested applicants should possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
Applicants should have the ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources.
Applicants should have the ability, to perform tasks such as operating systems and application software installations and upgrades, as well as virus protection and eradication.
• Must be available to work a minimum of 5 weekdays.
• Must be available and willing to commit at least twelve (12) months
initially for an internship.
• Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level degree in IT
• Minimum of two years in IT studies.
• A basic understanding of computer network cabling and network file
and print services.
• Must be able to lift heavy equipment example 25Kg.
• Proficiency in computer applications:
o Microsoft Excel – Manipulation of data; transferring data;
development of charts and tables
o Microsoft Word – Entering and formatting text; inserting charts,
tables, and other visuals
o Microsoft PowerPoint – Creating and editing slides; inserting text, charts,tables, and visuals
• Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Must have a clean credit and criminal record (Not Negotiable)
• Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and promote strong internal and
• Ability to maintain professional (business casual) dress and
• Ability to furnish documentation proving your eligibility to work in
the Republic of South Africa
Intern will receive a salary per Month, depending on knowledge, skills and Technical experience.
How to Apply:
Application materials will not be considered without a cover letter and resume.
Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted for interviews.