Our client has a position available for a Refrigeration Technician in their organization, based in Port Elizabeth.
- Matric Certificate or equivalent Technical N3.
- Valid Safe Handling of Refrigerant Certificate.
- Experience with Chillers and Chilled water plant.
- Minimum 3 years HVAC / Refrigeration experience.
- Valid Code 08 Driver’s License, clear criminal record.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with multiple disciplines both internally and externally.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective planning, integration, and resources management skills.
- Customer focus with a passion to provide superior customer service.
- Attention to detail and produce outputs of good quality.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and hardworking.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to work long hours if situation demands.
- Fluent in the English language.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Satisfaction – always the main objective.
- Complete all regularly scheduled maintenance work: inspect, maintain, and repair air conditioning and refrigeration units (HVAC) including chilled water systems and chillers.
- Attend to Callouts and breakdowns, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to do fault finding and troubleshoot on chillers, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
- Commissioning of chillers, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and plant.
- Develop and complete tasks in accordance with the company’s SHEQ and ISO system.
- Ability to professionally communicate with clients.
- Document and report all visits to customer sites and work performed.
- Provides supervision and technical support to staff and clients.
- Performs any other special projects and duties as assigned.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.