Tuesday, 23 February 2021
IT/Computer - IT/Computer Technician
The Technician is responsible for installing and maintaining scanners, computer hardware and support.
- Provide first line technical support to staff and clients
- Provide training on the operation of biometric devices
- Install and maintain biometric infrastructure
- Configure biometric devices and customized SDM software
- Setup, configure and manage Anti-Vires Software
- Setup, configure and manage SDM hardware
- Build, install and configure PCs and associated peripherals, including new
equipment and the redeployment of existing hardware
- Maintain existing PCs and peripherals by performing upgrades and other
routine procedures; escalate hardware faults and manage returns to
- Assist with the maintenance of managed system software builds
comprised of operating system, supported applications and other pre-
installed resources ; keep builds current via the testing and integration of
security patches and software version upgrades as required.
- Manage networked printers, keeping service outages to an absolute
minimum; escalate work to third parties in accordance with existing
maintenance agreements, provide workarounds for staff and give regular
- Assist with regular server and network management tasks as required.
- Perform any other duties required from time to time.