We are looking for a Instrumentation / Automation Technician in the Durban area with experience within the FMCG industry.
MUST HAVE FMCG INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Qualifications & Experience
- N6 Diploma with Trade Test in Automation and Instrumentation
- T3/S4 Diploma will be an advantage
- 3 years as a Technician in the Electrical field, especially in Automation (General Maintenance & Projects)
- Read and understand Electrical drawings
- Electrical and PLC fault finding
- Read and understand Hydraulic / Pneumatic drawings
- Able to work on 3 phase >380 V
- PLC Programming (Siemens S5, S7, Festo, Delta)
- Robotics (Kuka Robots, Motoman Robots, ABB Robots)
- AC/DC – Drives and Servo Applications and drives experience
- SCADA (Win CC, WinccFlex) / HMI (Siemens, EBELT, BTxxx, Suetron, Delta) Programming
- Electrical fault finding
- PLC (Siemens, Festo OR Delta) and robot programming
- Preventative maintenance
- Improvement and upgrades of a variety of machines
- New projects
- Setting up checklists
- Equipment inventories
- Monthly Kaizen’s
- Maintaining software backups
- Motors, AC & DC Drivers
- Planning maintenance schedules
- Maintenance, fault finding, programming and control of different PLC’s.
- Fault finding and correction of electrical problems.
- SM projects and assist with projects that are run by the Projects Departments
- Upgrades of PLC programs and adding additional controllers as needed.
- Servicing of the PLC related components and assist production during the shift
- Pneumatic experience with clamps and cylinders on Jigs
- Faultfinding and configuring on Delta programming.
- Preventative maintenance and work orders.
- Faultfinding and problem solving on hydraulics and pneumatics systems.
- Relays, contactors and sensors.
- Build and repair electrical circuits.
- Attend to faults and breakdowns pertaining to 3 phase electricity motors.
- Conduct root cause analysis and corrective actions in case of machinery failure and quality deviations.
- Operate automatic equipment and maintain production equipment.
- Faultfinding and analyses on Delta PLC’s and networking.
- Repair and optimize Delta HMIs.
- Perform back-ups and restore programs on Delta PLC’s.
- Faultfinding on robotic integrated systems.
- Faultfinding and adjust camera vision systems using Insight Cognex software.
- Work with Scada systems such as Stamp Master and Stamp Ware.
- Analyze and faultfinding industrial communication errors
- Faultfinding on different drives.
- Conduct a fishbone charts to understand the breakdowns.
- Analyze and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted