To manage all aspects related to the plant(s) and servicing of it/ its machinery, technical purchases, and servicing of the plant; as well as but not limited to technical projects; as well as plant production; and staff management on site. You are specifically appointed to oversee teams working on site, and train them regarding maintenance of pumps, pipes and machinery, and to conduct projects on site for completion or effective functioning of the hub.
- Plumbing Experience advantages
Plant production and operational management:
- Ensure optimal functioning of plant at all times, focused on processing of FOG’s, or any other waste deemed to be of value, to ensure a quality product for export,
- Correct processing and handling of by-products,
- Correct processing and handling of excess water, for treatment,
- Ensure correct quality control standards are implemented on all levels, as required by the company and its clients,
- Adhere to a maintenance schedule,
- Adhere and implement and maintain a sample and testing process for material processed through the plant,
- Maintain clean, healthy and safe work environment, to meet legislative and company standards,
- Adhere to the Health and Safety plan,
- Plan and ensure processed material are exported timeously, with team involved,
- Record keeping of maintenance work required, work done, cost involved, etc.
- Weekly check-in with the Management team, in writing/ via Asana, at the start of each working week, to provide a “to do” list goals and “progress report”.
- Oversee all your responsible areas of the Waste processing (hub) operation, including interaction with clients dropping off waste, ensuring they follow strict protocols,
- Maintain proper records and logs of production, stock, by-products and collections,
- Responsible for all technical systems and functions of the plants. In addition, the technician is responsible for the following:
- Assist with all purchases, supplier management and sourcing of equipment and materials,
- Ensure all administrative tasks, including receipts and reporting, design layouts, etc. are correctly filed and placed in the correct online filing system,
- Ensuring all plant and machinery is functional and in good working order, and in accordance with technical specifications of manufacturers and the company,
- Ensure all guarantees, and warranties are listed and filed electronically for each technical component or pump etc.
- To identify and list any technical faults, or risks or perceived/anticipated plant or machinery failure,
- To speedily remedy any such failure or perceived risks and to inform employer immediately,
- To identify, source and cost any technical equipment required for effective plant functioning, re-development, innovation or growth,
- To assist in the management of any sub-contractors, required for any work on any plants (ensuring at all times that directors are notified and informed of any financial decisions, technical decisions or implications for the company),
- Assist with the research and development as required by the company, (Tests etc.)
- Assist with testing of various functions of the plant on an on-going basis.
- Management of staff working at the plants,
- Training and upskilling staff,
- Implement and maintain staff responsibilities and performance,
- Maintain staff records, time attendance, sick leave and annual leave,
- Plan staff shifts and working hours together with technical operations manager.