This role can be remotely based as the majority of the work can be done remotely. However, it would be ideal for the person to reside near our offices in Durban.
We are looking for a talented and multi-skilled IT Support Specialist to join our dynamic team of IT professionals. The successful candidate should have a passion for IT and lots of solid working experience supporting various different technologies such as Windows Desktop and Server, Linux Server, Network and Security, and Virtualised Cloud-based and onsite infrastructures. He/she should have their own reliable transport and be able to work remotely without interruptions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a critical role within Architecture and serves as the owner of the Customer solution roadmap, Technical Design, support
and commercial build of E2E Customer solutions. Internal Technical focus 60%, external Technical and Customer focus
40%.This role will be required full-time in Umhlanga, Durban and form part of the core Architecture function within the company.
• Pre-Sales, Sales and Customer interface
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings relevant to the pre-sales cycle
- Responsible for solution feasibility, qualification and articulation
- Determination of internal and external technology/technical, pricing and vendor requirements for Solutions
- Production and provision of architectural design and execution of solutions for Customer requirements
- Ensure proposals and solution amendments are responded to with adequate quality, within prescribed
timescales, with input from engineering, procurement and project delivery
- Provide technical and solutions support and advice for Sales Team and assist in evaluating opportunities
based on technical requirements and alignment with business capabilities
- Ensure collaboration with vendors and partners to understand latest offerings
- Internal engagements with Sales teams
- External engagements with Customers
• Technical interface
- Consult with the Technical teams to assist in the development of solutions (designs equipment/hardware,
configurations, etc.) to meet company requirements and Customer needs
- Ensuring compliance with Architecture and Engineering standards, specifications, policies and
protocols in the formulation of the Design Diagrams and Technical Solution Document (TSD) for all Customer
- Owning the process and following correct approval protocol from Divisional Technical Leads
- Technical oversight of the development and delivery of the Solution over the project lifecycle
- Analysis of key performance metrics and indicators for network infrastructure to ensure service availability
- Analysis of infrastructure resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Create and update documentation for all relevant procedures, solutions and architectures
- Internal engagements with Technical teams
• Operations interface
- Production and provision of complete Solutions Delivery and Support Packs in line with Operations (Delivery
and Support) requirements
- Solutions review post implementation and Customer handover of the Solution to the Customer (Designed
versus As Built)
- Internal engagements with Delivery and Support teams
• Procurement and Vendor interface
- Product Development Input, ensuring product positioning is achieved, delivering key benefits, targets and
- Definition/Provision of Vendor technology requirements for selected Vendors (preferred/identified)
- Assessment of solutions proposals and quotes received from Technology Final selection, validation and verification of technologies and Vendors required for the Solution based on
internal, external and Customer requirements
- External engagements with Technology Vendors
- Work both individually and as part of a team where appropriate
- Fulfil any training and/or examination requirements as per the Company’s skills and certification matrix
- Participate and contribute to internal and external meetings as required
- Be willing to carry out or assist with such tasks as may be required to achieve deliverables, or as reasonably
requested by a member of the company.
- Regularly familiarise yourself with company's portfolio of Products and Services, Customers, Suppliers and
- Be willing and able to work in such locations as relevant to the successful delivery of the assigned projects
- Be a professional and courteous representative at all times
2. Key Relationships
- Internal Sales, Operations and Technical Teams
- Suppliers and third-party vendors
- Customers Technical Teams
3. Role Potential
- Increase in the scope of Customers and/or Solution complexities with additional experience, and improved
knowledge of the company's Portfolio of Services and Customers.
- More in depth involvement in the Product Development area of the business with increased responsibilities.
4. Necessary Experience and/or Qualification
- 5+ years of Pre-Sales and/or Solution Architecture experience in a Service Provider environment or ICT /
- 5+ years of Technical Engineering experience
- Relevant network certifications an advantage ie Cisco, Fortinet, AWS and/or Azure
- Deep technical understanding of networking, voice and secure cloud products and services
- Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure
- Experience in communicating complex technical solutions directly with Customers
- Experience in articulating technical designs and requirements in a structured format
5. Personal Skills/Competencies Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Visio skill in creating diagrams both internal and external facing
- Excellent documentation and technical design documentation skills
- Technical and strong analytical skills required
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Interpersonal communication and Customer service skills to work successfully with prospects, Customers and
performance teams to meet performance goals.
- Self-motivated, project and account management experience
- Travel to prospective Customer’s sites as necessary
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Able to create strong relationships with Customers
A Sales Consultant is a professional who is in charge of devising strategies for promoting and selling products or services. They serve as an intermediary between companies and their customers, recommending products and services while ensuring customer requirements are met. Typically, they set and meet goals for their sales team.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link