Senior Debtors Clerk Brackenfell
Our construction/building/maintenance and repair client in Brackenfell Cape Town is looking for a Debtors Clerk / Credit Controller with at least 5-7 years’ experience. They will be responsible for the full Debtors function and will report directly to the Financial Manager. Must come from the Construction / building / maintenance / service / refrigeration industry.
Salary: Highly Very Negotiable
- Matric, with Tertiary Education
- 5-7 years FULL DEBTORS experience in similar role construction type business.
- Computer literacy – MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and PASTEL Partner a MUST
- MUST HAVE Pastel Partner experience- NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- MUST HAVE Credit vetting experience.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Need the ability to negotiate invoice payments and arrangements with clients that is outstanding accordingly to company policies and procedures.
- Must have experience in excellent communication between client and business.
- Must have experience in handover of outstanding invoices to attorneys.
- Adhere to strict deadlines.
- Take full charge of the Debtors function in complete – have senior experience in doing this using PASTEL PARTNER
- Report to the financial manager and be responsible for outstanding accounts and reporting.
- Liaising with customers in a respectful and professional manner to recoup outstanding payments.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash and eft payments.
- Maintains historical records by filing documentation.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Resolves valid or authorized refunds by entering adjusting entries by means of a credit note.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line, as well as monitoring the customer age analysis.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; matching payment to actual invoice or record as a deposit.
- Manage and submit project claim submissions timeously.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Please apply online.