The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator provides support in the Contracts Management Lifecycle Process. This includes the maintenance of customer data for Support and Service contracts and other information, ensuring that the relevant database is up to date and accurate. The Contract Specialist follows a detailed process to ensure that Renewal Data and pricing is presented at certain intervals during the life cycle to the relevant client engagement team/teams. Job Description Key
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator provides an administrative function in the Contract Management Lifecycle by processing contract data, maintaining contract data and adding contract data by using standard processing protocols and procedures as designed, including ensuring that all transactional and service data remains in line with contracting agreements and internal planned revenue and cost.
- They must be able to administrate strategic client accounts and contracts in conjunction with the relevant Go to market teams
- Must have a clear and in depts. understanding of the client requirements and environment as articulated by the relevant Go to market teams
- The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator must be able to assist operationally with the execution of tasks with Contract Specialists and be able to provide guidance and support in terms of Contract Management principles and processes in general
- The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator is required to maintain and keep up to date data related to the serviceability of the client and in line with the agreed entitlements as provided for in the client agreement, this includes but is not limited to, locations, equipment records, movements where applicable, decommissioning, updates of any kind, additions of any kind as well as ensuring that automated release of cost and revenue is taking place and is not hindered during the life cycle of the contract.
Contract renewal triggering
- The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator keeps track of contract renewal dates and they ensure that the available process and systems are used to its full functionality by actively completing tasks for clients and renewals assigned to them from time to time
- Ensure that they do not miss tasks which might delay the delivery of renewal schedule information • They inform the Contract Manager of any impediments both internal and external that will delay renewal schedules to be produced and distributed on time
- They ensure that client contracts are updated with the latest sales order detail and that invoice amounts are updated accordingly. This will extend from the quote to order process to pre-sales and post-sales and may include dealing with service product enquiries, ensuring the resolution and escalation to the necessary third parties for resolution.
- They assist team members and the Manager in the day to day tracking of tasks and activities and highlight concerns and or delays. They assist with troubleshooting these concerns or delays and provides input into mitigation of such.
- The Senior Contract Life Cycle Coordinator request Vendor quotations and or download and build Vendor quotations from available Vendor platforms or applications when they are performing renewal tasks in compiling a Renewal Schedule for distribution, this includes various Vendors depending on what Services was procured, this includes various Distributors that might be providing Vendor support and or Services from time to time.
- They also provide support and guidance to team members with regard to Vendor tools, platforms as well as assist in complex vendor renewals
- The Senior Contract Specialist ensures that back-to-back contracts are procured upon renewal where required for client contracts and they track, and process associated back-to-back costs.
- When client contracts are due for renewal, the Senior Contracts Specialist will obtain the required information from vendors and or Distributors, including end-of-life data to update schedule detail. They ensure that all vendor contracts are renewed when required.
- The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator will Invoice where required and due, contracts that have renewed based on the commercials and Client Purchase order details as received.
- They will collaborate when required with the Account Receivable team to ensure that invoicing is processed according to contract agreements.
System usage and Standard processes
- The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator is required to make use of Tier 1 and 2 systems when and where applicable and as per the standard process as documented and updated from time to time.
- They are to adhere to Company rules in terms of usage of systems, files, transactions, and all other mechanisms designed to provide seamless and integrateable processing.
- They are required to adhere to updated processes as defined from time to time, including but not limited to transactions, uploads, reports and actual O2C change processes. • They must ensure that they adhere and comply to the Standard way of work down to work instruction level.
- The Senior Contract Specialist provides guidance and support to team members on systems and processes
Produce and use reports
- They prepare and distribute required reports including renewal schedules, client schedules, contract lists, etc.
- They assist with the preparation and management of all relevant system and vendor maintenance reports and review system data for accuracy.
- They make use of available Tier 1 and Tier 2 Standard reports as well as other extracted reports recognised by the department to ensure accuracy, contract details and correctness of financial transactions as well as the ability to deliver Services as procured by the client, this includes validation of integrated items to the Service Platform, Annual Contract Value reports, Monthly Recurring Revenue Reports as well as any other reports that might become available from time to time.
- They must ensure that reports related to the determination of Commissions and other reports related to forecasting and business planning is in line with the transactions that they have effected at all times.
- The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator supports the Manager in producing reports as and when required as well as analysing data and reports to provide insight into data contained in reports to the Manager and team members to make informed decisions
- The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator must apply a level of people organisation skill and leadership in terms of day to day operations and support the Contract Manager in these activities
- They must have an understanding and be able to articulate and execute in their guidance the strategic goals of the Company, delivery models, Service offerings, tools and systems
- They must assist the Manager in the training, enablement and operational change management of the team and or stakeholders where applicable
- They play a vital role in the adoption of tools and processes throughout the team and relevant stakeholders
- Must build strong relationships with stakeholders and be able to assist team members with execution, time management, and deliverables
- The Senior Contract Lifecycle Coordinator must drive quality in data and guide team members in terms of adopting work procedures, validations and self-evaluation.
- Provide training to team members when required
- Embrace and execute on automation initiatives and be able provide input and guidance in these initiatives as well as initiate such initiatives from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and good organisation skills
- Problem solving skills • Planning skills • Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Coping under pressure
- Conflict handling skills
- Understanding of the business needs and expectations
- Team player
- A good level of financial understanding of Contract Management related to Cost and Revenue
- Must be able to work with large sets of data mostly in Excel
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for the downstream processes and our ability to service clients and what impacts this ability in the Contract Management Lifecycle Academic
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Grade 12 (NSC)
- NQF Level 7 / 3-year diploma advantageous Required Experience:
- 2-year(s) experience in a similar environment will be advantageous
- Reports to Contracts Manager (O2C