Our client, Franchisee for a well-known Fast-food brand, is looking for a Reporting and Insights Officer ( BI Developer) to join their team.
- As the RIO you will work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching.
- You will need to source data from POS database and process to presentable format, mostly in Excel.
- You will need to see through the data and analise it to find conclusions.
- You will often be called to present your findings, or translate the data into an understandable document
- You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- You will look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on their findings.
- You will have to be vigilant in your analysis and pay attention to detail come to correct conclusions.
- You will need math skills to estimate and process numerical data.
- Ad hoc reporting forms a major part of this role.
- You will report to the CFO, and expect regular requests for information from the COO & CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science
- 2+ years’ Data mining experience
- 2+ years in a reporting/analyst role or related field
- Experience in FMCG
- Experience with GAAP / POS / / Firecell / SQL / Power BI
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks
- Ability to analise existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Weekly & monthly reporting to Franchisor, Finance and Operations Departments
- Use statistical methods to analise data and generate useful business reports
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment
- Identify and recommend new ways to save money by streamlining business processes
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the consumer population as a whole
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project
- Provide quality assurance of imported data
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Maintain Power BI reports by sourcing data sets from POS, using SQL
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Ad hoc reporting
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful
- In keeping with our client’s employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.