A New Business Development Consultant position has opened within the group's business unit, in Johannesburg. This role will be focused on the business development for multiple HR and Talent Management Systems.
The Business Development Consultant will contribute to driving the group's Business Units growth and market reach within Africa.
As a business development consultant, you'll identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow to Dream 2025.
- Focus on F1 and F2 activities.
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Research new opportunities for the group
- Drive new business activation for the group
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- System Demonstration setup and presentation
- Strategic thinking and carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Compile client contracts and proposals in accordance to the business rules
- have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
Qualifications and experience:
- 3-year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in either Business or HR OR
- Minimum 3 to 5 years business development experience (client research, identifying client triggers, cold calling clients in the eLearning and Talent Solution space)
Essential competencies and personal attributes
- Previous experience in sales role, preferably in learning / talent solutions sales
- Must have good industry/business and technical knowledge in order to draw on when doing research and having introductory conversations with prospects and clients
- Exude tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- Written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
- The ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.