- Under general supervision, performs all conventional aspects of the functional area subject matter.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 4 years related experience, with average experience ranging from 6-10 years.
Special Experience Required:
- BSc.(Eng.) Chemical with minimum 4 years’ experience in the process engineering design environment.
- Essential BSc.(Eng.)
- Desirable Pr.Eng. registration with ECSA