The company is looking for a competent, qualified, and motivated person to fill the vacant position of Materials, Planning and Logistics (MP&L) Manager. This position is responsible for managing inventory control, warehouse, distribution, replenishment plans and ongoing supplier and customer relationships.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Responsible for storing the right number of materials, goods and products in the right locations to feed the company's operational and customer demands.
- Responsible for integrating individual customer logistics requirements with the Warehouse Management system.
- Responsible for receiving, analysing, and inputting weekly customer releases into the EFOS system.
- Ensures that the right resource are available internally and when required to meet customer volume demands.
- Be the point of contact for customers regarding any logistic topics and any deviations to the delivery schedule.
- Responsible for managing and developing of the entire MP&L team.
- Responsible for innovation and cost reduction projects within the department.
- Responsible for implementation and management EHS requirements in the department.
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics/ Purchasing Management ( BTech Degree is essential)
- At least 10 years of working experience at the Senior Management level at a Tier 1 OEM supplier
- Experience with imports and exports of automotive components
- Knowledge and understanding of customs regulations and procedures
- Detailed understanding of OEM logistic requirements and procedures including MMOG
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Impeccable disciplinary and attendance records.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Organisational skills essential Ability to work under pressure.
- Effective communication and presentation skills when meeting external customers.
- Valid driver's license.
- Clean criminal history.
- SA Citizen.
If you feel that you meet these requirements, please submit your CV and application form with the relevant proof of qualifications and a covering letter to Hire Power.
This is a staff graded position and the company reserves the right not to appoint should a suitable candidate not be found. Candidates should be prepared to undergo external assessments as part of the selection process. The appointment will be made in line with the Company Employment Equity goals and objectives. AM, IM, AF, CF and WF's are encouraged to apply.