Our client in the Research Industry / Sector, has a position available in their organization for an IT Operations Manager, based in Port Elizabeth / Gqeberha.
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for managing IT governance, data protection, system security, storage management, hardware infrastructure, project management and the day-to-day management of the IT Operations team.
An awesome opportunity awaits!
- Information Technology or Information Systems Degree.
- 5-10 Years managerial experience in an IT Operations environment.
- Passionate – inspires and motivates others to achieve their best.
- Innovative – constantly aware of changes, spotting them early and responding to them proactively.
- Service Driven.
- Collaborative and Respectful.
- Great Communication Skills.
- Great Coaching Skills.
- Numerical Accuracy.
- Analytically Driven.
- IT Governance:
- Engage in identifying, preparing, and executing business goals with senior management
- Data Protection:
- International data protection compliance.
- Ensure data is handled, transferred, and processed according to legal and company guidelines.
- Network infrastructure:
- Maintain and optimize local and cloud-based company networks and servers.
- Responsible for device and password management.
- Oversee data backup and system security operations (e.g., user authorization, firewalls).
- Storage management.
- Hardware Infrastructure:
- Manage installations, upgrades, and configurations of hardware.
- Technical Management:
- Jira Administration.
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements.
- Resolve operational issues escalated to IT management.
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders via JIRA help desk.
- IT Costs Management:
- Manage budgets and expenditure of relevant IT cost areas.
- Manage contracts with vendors (e.g., development platforms, telecommunication companies, password managers) and software licenses.
- IT policies and procedures:
- Develop and maintain best practice IT policies and procedures.
- Team Management:
- Manage a small team of Solutions Architects and Technicians.
- Represent IT at IT Steering Committee Meetings.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.