Monitor and manage the progress of the work in accordance with the contractual schedule by verifying that the daily planned quantities are placed / constructed. Ensure the contractor submit an updated schedule with all the relevant information to monitor progress on a weekly basis.
The responsibilities of a site supervisor may include:
- Supervising workers and work activities.
- Preparing and presenting site inductions, safety briefings and toolbox talks.
- Assessing and managing safety hazards.
- Ensuring appropriate site rules are in place.
- Carrying out regular inspections.
- Helping Site Managers to plan the work programme
- Helping co-ordinate deliveries.
- Completing records for site reports.
- Attending site management meetings.
- Carrying out regular inspections to ensure compliance with relevant legal requirements, processes and procedures.
- Raising safety concerns at the appropriate level.
- Resolving problems and implementing improvements.
- Organizing and overseeing external inspections, such as with a health and safety inspector.
- Providing emergency first aid if required.
Relevant skills of a site supervisor include:
- A positive attitude.
- The ability to communicate with, motivate, and if necessary discipline the workforce.
- The ability to understand drawings and other contract documents.
- A good understanding of safety procedures.
- First aid training.
- Organisational skills.
- The ability to mediate to resolve issues.
- An understanding of legal responsibilities.
- An understanding of welfare and environmental issues.
- An understanding of occupational health and behavioural safety issues.