Team Leader- Advanced Business Analytics
Tuesday, 27 July 2021
IT/Computer - Development
Education: BSc Computer Science
Experience: 4+ years
Reference: Team Leader- Advanced Business Analytics
Job Description: Our client is looking for a motivated, creative and technical person with a talent for leadership and an aptitude for business to join their consulting team in the role of Team Leader for their Advanced Business Analytics focus area.
The focus of this position is to lead a small technical team of highly skilled individuals as you partner with their clients to solve problems with the application of data science, software engineering and classical business analytics. Consultants acting in this role will work with their team to understand and define client problems and develop solutions to solve them.
Solutions you develop will typically include the development of software applications and machine learning or statistical models that result in recommendations and actionable insights. You and your team will communicate these insights back to the client with the use of reports and visualizations.
The nature of the work requires that you are primarily based at their offices in Johannesburg or at their client's premises, however international travel in support clients in Africa may be necessary a few times a year.
• Lead a team of data scientists, software developers and business analysts.
• Lead projects and mentor team members in project leadership.
• Sustain and grow existing projects with the help of your team.
• Identify and assist in winning new projects with existing and new clients in the business analytics space.
• Contribute to company strategy.
• Build relationships with our clients in support of growing our contracts with them and meeting their needs.
• Work with our clients to explore and define their requirements.
• Mentor and advise your team on appropriate methodology and techniques for developing models, frameworks and performing analysis for project work.
• Research and develop analyses, models and reports supporting a variety of client requirements.
• Present and support your team in presenting models, insights and recommendations in person
or via video conferencing and telecommunication systems.
Education and experience:
• A graduate degree with a strong background in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics or engineering.
• A post graduate degree in which you have applied Machine Learning techniques.
• 4+ years of programming experience in MATLAB / Python or a similar language.
• 2+ years of leadership experience.
• Experience with project management.
• Management experience is a plus.
• Strong leadership skills and an interest in developing and mentoring your team.
• Self-driven with the ability to take initiative and make things happen.
• The ability to see the "big picture" and translate it into practical actions by diving into the technical work to achieve the client's goals.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to see issues from different perspectives.
• Strong knowledge and interest in artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive modelling, data analytics, data visualization and data interpretation.
• The ability to extract and communicate data insights is essential.
• The ability to think creatively and solve new problems with limited resources is critical for success.
• Strong communication skills and the confidence and ability to present effectively across different levels of seniority.
• The ability to communicate with people from different technical domains (IT, engineering, finance) as well as marketing specialists and business managers.
• High attention to detail.
• The ability to perform under pressure
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Brooke on 031 350 4019 or alternatively you can visit our website www.goldmantech.co.za
Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.