POSTION: SQL DEVELOPER
The primary function of this role is to develop and maintain software for the business's portfolio of solutions. This function will require interaction with other development, operations, and implementation team members. The successful incumbent will be the go-between for their Operations Department / Clients and their Dev team. This candidate will manage projects and deal with clients to ensure the implementation of their solutions.
- Meetings with clients to ascertain system requirements.
- Develop solutions or modules to meet such requirements.
- Ensure software quality prior to user testing.
- Reporting and presentation development and implementation.
- Review of documentation.
- Review and troubleshoot issues with the operation teams.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL.
- Perform code reviews.
- Liaise with the QA team to identify and fix bugs.
- Maintain data quality and oversee database security.
- Analyse existing SQL queries for performance improvements.
- Develop SSIS packages.
- Create different kinds of appropriate indexes and use indexing techniques to improve the application performance.
- Resolve and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Maintain and manage all versions of data models for production, testing and developing databases.
- Adhere to coding standards.
- Participate in rotating on-call support.
- Work in an agile / scrum environment with stand-ups, sprints and planning meetings.
- Work in a small development team taking on new features, spikes, bugs.
- Plan, design, implement, document, test and release new features.
Knowledge, education, and experience required:
- Degree in Information Technology or similar field.
- Development technologies should include:
MS Visual Studio
- Proficiency in using various development tools including MS Visual Studio and source control tools.
- Additional experience on MS SQL and Azure technologies will be beneficial.
- 4-5 years relevant, continuous and current work experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Team player.
- Customer champion.
- Relationship builder.
- Quality driven.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with others and contribute to the team's accomplishment.
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure.