Senior Database Administrator
Sunday, 13 June 2021
IT/Computer - Development
Education: National Diploma in Information Technology or Equivalent
Experience: 8+ Years
Job Description: Seeking a Senior Database Administrator in Cape Town for a Well-Known IT Company!
• National Diploma in Information Technology or Equivalent
• 8+ Years' experience as a Database Administrator
• Recent experience with Sybase, SQL Server, Windows Server and Linux.
• Basic scripting knowledge: Bash/Perl/Python scripting.
• Exposure to cloud-based database platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP).
• Basic awareness of other infrastructure technologies - for example; Linux, Windows administration, storage, or data networking
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Apply high-level of skills in database design, installations, and conversions
• Responsible for database backup and recovery procedures, access security and database integrity, physical data storage design, and data storage management
• Design, implement and maintain data warehouse
• Applies expertise in specific DBMS such as Sybase, SQL Server and Postgres & Document Databases
• Operate, maintain, backup, and recover the database environments
• Implement changes.
Sybase, SQL Server, Windows Server, Linux, Bash, Perl, Python, Azure, AWS, GCP, DBMS
Email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact any of the consultants on 021 555 0952, or alternatively visit our website at http://www.goldmantech.co.za
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates.
Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.