My Client a NPO - Care for Aged / Assisted Living Facilities ( National) is seeking a seasoned fundraiser to join their team. In this role, you will use your expert communication skills and keen sense of initiative to spot fundraising opportunities, develop relationships with potential donors, and manage fundraising campaigns. Focusing on corporate funding, grants, trusts, and philanthropists, you will hone your speaking, writing, and fundraising abilities while moving the Organisation closer to its financial goals.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, professional, and organized, with a knack for research. We are looking for someone who believes in the Organisation's Mission and will demonstrate an exceptional drive to further our existing fundraising efforts and help strategize and deliver new ones.
Key Performance Areas:
- Managing the Partnerships & Communications portfolio. Partnerships refers to all fundraising via individual / corporates / donors / campaigns and any additional forms of income. Communication refers to all relationship building, management thereof for all forms of partnerships and fundraising as well as media.
- Implementation and execution of fundraising, sustainability, and communication strategies to achieve The Organisation's Africa annual targets through maintaining and growing the existing donor-base, securing new and sustainable sources of contributions, and increasing brand awareness.
- Represent the Organisation's African Brand amongst influential audiences, donors and potential partners, the media, networking initiatives, conferences, at events and meetings.
- Build and manage media relationships and opportunities.
- Increase the Corporate Donor Base for the Organisation through the activation of sustainable fundraising relationships with Private sector organisations.
- Maximise Funding Opportunities with Private Sector Organisations.
- Develop, implement, and measure micro strategies and proposals on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, communications, or related field. Alternatively, 5+ years’ experience in related position.
- 3+ Years’ experience in senior account position independently managing your tasks.
- 3+ Years’ experience in fundraising activities and initiatives.
- Extensive and accurate knowledge of charitable organisations and NPOs, as well as the legal and financial procedures when conducting business.
- All applicants require a proven track record and contactable references.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and Afrikaans is a must.
- Advanced capabilities in planning, researching, compiling proposals and copy writing for proposals and articles.
- Honesty, integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the organisation and externally.
- Understanding of donor, community, and stakeholder behaviours.
- Willingness to support in all areas of the marketing department including areas outside of listed job KPI’s.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Valid SA Drivers licence and own vehicle.
- Own smart phone device.
- This position may require occasional travel.
- Well presented in appearance, behaviour and communication at all time.
- Works well under pressure.
- Conscientious with tasks and time management.
- Adaptability and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent active listening, logical thinking, effective communication, and creative skills.
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills always paying close attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills in order to pitch and build relationships online and offline.
- Principled, ethical, and professional.
- Consistently displays a high level of enthusiasm, energy, initiative, and drive.
This is an in-house position with strict targets and expectancies. You will be working with a young and motivated team; energetic and hardworking individuals only should apply.
Applicants who do not meet the required skills and qualifications need not apply. If you have not been contacted within 30 days please consider your application unsuccessful.