Our client, a well-established supply chain equipment company in the Northern Suburbs, is seeking to employ an IT Systems Engineer.
Desired Experience and Qualification:
- Microsoft Certifications - MCSE and Azure related.
- 5+ years' IT experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Attention to detail.
- Organization and time management.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough advanced Windows server configuration and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Experienced in troubleshooting using monitoring.
- Good configuration and troubleshooting knowledge of backup solutions.
- Excellent virtualization knowledge and experience.
- Good working knowledge of network topologies, routing, and NAT.
- Solid understanding of MS Exchange and Office365.
- Knowledge and working experience with firewalls and endpoint security solutions.
- Knowledge and working experience with Azure cloud platform technologies.
- Administration and troubleshooting on Linux platforms.
- Experience in troubleshooting infrastructure supporting third party applications.
- Knowledge and working experience using PowerShell.
- Knowledge and working experience VOIP / Asterisk.
- Knowledge and working experience with PFsense, Cisco Meraki.
- Knowledge and working experience with IPSec, OpenVPN and other VPN Technologies.
- Good working experience in a SQL environment.
- Knowledge and working experience with the JIRA Stack.
- Knowledge and working experience with Ubiquiti Products.
- Knowledge and working experience with RFID and Barcode Systems.
- Knowledge and working experience with Soti and Scalefusion MDM.
- Knowledge and working experience with Pastel Evolution and Sage People.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The IT Systems Engineer will participate in managing the company’s infrastructure, production environment as well as supporting the users of these environments.
To ensure optimal performance and cost effectiveness of all IT production systems and services.
- Ensure maximum up-time.
- Ensure accurate and early response.
- Ensure approved configuration are in place.
- Provide operational support.
- Supply system management information.
- Network and Server maintenance - Plan and perform network maintenance operations.
- Provide hardware and software support - According to best practice.
- Ensure conformance to quality standards.
- Plan, implement, co-ordinate, maintain and rationalize network software and hardware as well as changes.
- Liaise with service organizations.
- Reduce operational cost.
IT security management:
- Participate in emergency, recovery, and contingency planning and execution.
- Ensure that backups, run successfully, and adhere to backup policy.
- Ensure virus infection on IT site is minimized.
- Prevent the use of unlicensed software.
- Assist with user training / awareness.
Maintain records and statistics:
- Monitor availability of IT equipment and related equipment.
- Keep record and statistics with regard to operational information, network infrastructure, user location, network hardware, software, data media, data, violations, etc.
Administer IT site infrastructure:
- Develop and maintain IT site plans.
- Ensure that the quality of hardware installations complies with standards.
- Initiate plans to improve the quality of hardware installations where there are problems.
- Identify hardware and software upgrade requirements.
- Provide management and status reports.
- Pro-active identification of potential IT problem areas.
- Ensure availability of computer and computer related equipment are within defined parameters.
- Ensure that new system requirements can be adhered to.
- Provide information necessary for capacity planning and analysis.
- Assist in planning deployment of software and users on servers and workstations.
Administer help desk / problem handling system:
- Provide customer support and administer helpdesk.
- Provide End User Windows desktop support.
- Provide support for company managed Android devices.
- After-hours support, standby on rotating basis.
Provide feedback and reports:
- Provide regular feedback / reports to Management with regard to problem solving, customer needs, network planning, environmental problems and resources.
- Submit configuration amendment reports.
- Manage the warranties of all hardware and software distributed.
- Control licenses.
Area: Northern suburbs, Cape Town.
Salary offered: R25 000 – R35 000 per month.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.