The Solution Architect will take the lead and guide all technical resources to design an appropriate technical solution to satisfy the relevant business requirements in scope, aligned with all appropriate Enterprise Architecture strategies, standards, guidelines, frameworks and reference architectures.
• Create a conceptual architecture during the viability/discovery stage of a project/feature/epic, and present such to the Architecture Review Board (ARB) to determine technical viability. Create a first-draft logical (high level) design during the discovery stage (or design sprint where complexity requires such a sprint) and present to ARB.
• Leading a Technical Design Authority (TDA) to manage day-to-day technical decision making where applicable. Coordinate/align other technical resources accordingly.
• Ensure that any material deviations in design are agreed to with ARB as appropriate. Ensure design compliance controls are adhered to. Adapt to any new process, approach or compliance control as required.
3. Qualifications and Technical Competencies Required
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or related field
• 3+ years of work experience in a relevant role
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner
• Previous project management experience is preferred
• Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested