Our client in the Insurance sector position requires a competitive sales representative who will be responsible for increasing revenue by servicing existing clients and sourcing new clients.
• Market products to existing and new clients
• Meet personal and team sales targets
• Maintain current customer relations, and identify new customers/opportunities to grow the business and increase the client's market share
• Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly call schedules, and monthly and annual regional sales and market analyses
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and making recommendations to management
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
• Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing personal and team results
• Conduct regular product and system training to the existing and new clients
• Secondary support structure to clients by providing an intermediary and advice service as defined in the FAIS Act
• Communicate internally with our internal stakeholders and external stakeholder alike
• Adhere to all Internal Company policies
• Monitor competitors by gathering marketplace information on products and pricing
• RE5 (regulatory examination for Representatives in terms of the FAIS Act).
• FAIS credits (60 FAIS credits).
• Matric or equivalent.
• Sales and marketing qualification will be an advantage.
• Minimum 5 years experience in the travel insurance trade.
• Strong communication (verbal and written), negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Work under pressure in a high volume, fast paced sales and customer service environment.
• Target driven
• Ability to build sustainable relationships with clients.
• Problem solving skills.
• Reliable transport.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Sales and key account management.
• Strong negotiation skills on all levels.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Self-starter and motivator (self-management)
• Strategically orientated.