PBT Group has an opportunity for a Microsoft SSAS, SQL Administrator, SQL DBA Specialist. The Microsoft SSAS, SQL Administrator, SQL DBA Specialist will be responsible for providing the overall SSAS environment administration and support.
- Manage and support environment installations, patching, upgrades and migrations to ensure that the SSAS environment is always at the latest release.
- Implement and manage security aspects pertaining to sensitive data.
- Provide development standards and guidelines for all SSAS development to ensure that best practices are implemented and adhered to.
- Integrate performance metrics of cubes into the big data platform for reporting.
- Provide usage adoption reports. Data should be integrated into the big data platform.
- Monitoring and performance tuning of existing SSAS environment and cubes.
- Perform server-level administrative functions including creating databases and setting server-level properties.
- Document all standards and architecture for the SSAS environment on the Wiki also maintain up to date documentation for all implemented SSAS cubes.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization and be able to devise the technical solution as it relates to the business & technical requirements.
- Engage with Microsoft to resolve issues that cannot be resolved internally.
- Standardize cube deployment architecture.
- Continually evaluate and improve development, test and production promotion standards.
- Design, develop and maintain existing and new SSAS cubes according to best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Analysis Services Server.
- Strong SSAS Development and Administrator skills.
- Strong SQL DBA skills
- strong Infrastructure - server management experience
- Experience in performing administrative tasks on Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) - Installation, configuration, security configuration, configuring logging, deployment and performance monitoring.
- Experience in working with SSAS in creating cubes, data source views, named queries, dimensions and deploying of analysis services projects.
- Good experience in writing MDX queries while creating and customizing cubes using SSAS.
- Highly proficient in SQL.
- Experience in tabular and dimensional data modelling.
- Extensive knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and power shell scripting.
- The candidate must have sound knowledge of ETL.
- Worked in environments with large data volumes.
- Experience required with version control software such as SVN or GIT.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Needs to be self-driven.
- Telecommunications industry experience would be beneficial.
- Education: a 3-year diploma or higher