Senior Buyer with Production Planning Experience: Permanent Position: Port Elizabeth
This invitation is for an experienced Senior Production Buyer who can also take ownership of the Production Planning Function, if you are that person, please contact me
The client is a leader within the FMCG Bottling and Packaging Industry
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership of the complete Buying Function as a Senior Buyer
- This position works closely with Central Planning and a key output is an optimised production plan.
- Furthermore, this position plans all bulk requirements and liaise with the primary supplying plants in terms of constraints.
- The third key focus is an optimised returnable system, focusing on communication and tracking actual performance vs Planned activities.
- Responsible for a stable production plan by optimally utilising production facilities and employees.
- The demand of products produced on relevant lines are managed effectively.
- Incorrect Master data and BOM’s reported and corrected.
- Create and manage production order reservations
- Production declared technically complete – TECO.
- Generate 4-week SAP production plan.
- Assist with pack upgrades and change requests.
- Determine planned production as needed.
- Calculate the capacity needed by the production line and the shifts required
- Assist with the budget/ forecast processes
- Timeous distribution of production plans
- Production orders are released timeously.
- Daily production feedback meetings are attended.
- Active involvement in the missing parts management process
- Effective re-scheduling of production lines because of breakdowns or other quality related problems.
- Compile accurate printing plans
- Provide monthly consolidation of actuals vs. forecast
- Liaise with bulk supply plants/departments.
- Optimise bulk planning to prevent an overstock situation.
- Liaise with reverse logistics to ensure returnable material is on site in time for packaging.
- Confirm with Transport to ensure efficient moving of returnable.
- Ensure compliance to the QMS (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BRC, IFS, FSSC, Organic, ISO 17025, SANS 1841)
- Ensure compliance to all relevant policies, procedures, work instruction and SOPs always
- Ensure compliance to OHSACT and all Client Risk, Health and Safety procedures and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are reported and rectified.
- Assist in achieving department and site business plans.
- Support and encourage the values of the company.
- Actively encourage innovations within the team
- Actively involved in Problem solving methodology
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Production Planning/MRP environment
- Relevant experience as a Senior Buyer within a Bottling/FMCG/Manufacturing Industry
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in Planning/Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Proven record in production planning environment
- Relevant experience of SAP production planning.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Proven Computer literacy in MS Office/ SAP / Excel
- Sound knowledge of supply chain concepts
- Experience in a SAP R3/R4 environment (including APO)
- Ability to work under pressure and to work independently & accurately.
- Strong numerical aptitude and analytical abilities
- Ability to influence others outside his/her own sphere of control
Recruitment Note: Communication will only be with shortlisted candidates: email@example.com
By submitting your application, you agree:
To the processing of your personal information and sharing it with third parties for verifications.
To you exercising of your rights provided for by POPIA.
To Isilumko keeping your personal information confidential.