Duties and Responsibilities:
• Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
• Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively.
• Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients.
• Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
• Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
• Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
• Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
• Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
• Minimise system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimisation of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
• Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
• Maintain maximum system availability by ensuring that incidents are recorded for future reference and adequate root cause analysis is done to eliminate the risk of a recurrence.
• Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop technical and business skills.
• Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities, and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum: B.Comm, B.Eng, BSC Eng, BSC Informatics or
• 8-12 years experience in Java and Spark programming.
• Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
• System Design experience advantageous
Please note that by submitting your personal information to Deka Minas you free-willingly issue the business consent to make use of such data for the specific purpose of securing you either permanent or temporary employment. Our business makes use of a POPIA compliant database and you have the right to access, right to correction and right to deletion of your personal information.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link