PBT Group, leading Data Specialists, has an opening for 2 x experienced Ab Initio ETL Developers in Johannesburg, ideally with ExpressIT experience.
- Plan and analyse complex business requirements and implement technology enabled solutions to address multi-discipline business opportunities/problems.
- Conduct planning, analysis and design activities in conjunction with other development specialists.
- Participate in analysis of complex business opportunities/problems to deliver designs meeting requirements.
- Participate in estimation of tasks and assist in the development of project plans.
- Code or makes modifications to programs of high complexity, according to specifications.
- Conduct medium to high complexity evaluations for product releases, stand-alone products, etc.
- Conduct walkthroughs and quality review of deliverables.
- Knowledge of design and developing end-to-end data acquisition processes to be used in population of data warehouse/data marts and/or in the creation of interfaces.
- Provide guidance and mentoring on business intelligence technology and systems in general, especially in the area of ETL processes.
- Participate in the formulation of standards to support the data acquisition development process.
- Design, develop and execute complex data acquisition or interface routines using ETL tool, ensuring that business and technical requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with established policies, standards and methodologies.
- A sound knowledge of Ab Initio (2+ years’ experience).
- ExpressIT experience would be highly beneficial
- Strong ETL experience
- Strong SQL experience
- Banking Industry experience
- Intimate knowledge of source systems as well as a basic understanding of dimensional models.
- Conventional database- and data warehouse modelling skills, in order to understand the data warehouse data models.
- A sound knowledge of the capabilities of the ETL tools, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the data staging programs.
- Pride of work, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is preferred.
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link