Duties and Responsibilities
Project management of multiple wind, solar and hybrid projects in various stages of development, ensuring completion within budget and on schedule:
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between site selection, technical design and project economics in order to be able to develop the best possible projects (optimised at capex or tariff level).
- Using GIS and other tools, assisting in the identification of project sites.
- Assisting with landowner negotiations.
- Establishment and management of the project budget.
- Assisting with plant design tasks including turbine, PV array, roads and electrical layouts.
- Management of the various project licensing tasks, including liasing with the statutory organisation that administer the various approvals and permits necessary.
- Assisting with investor selection processes.
- Assisting in tender submissions.
- Assisting in with oversight of less senior members of the Development team.
- Developing, negotiating and closing development project site sales agreements. - Assisting with high level financial modelling processes.
- Project risk mitigation and reporting.
- Recording and reporting of project progress.
- Project development support to the C&I Sales, EPC Sales and Hybrid Sales teams; depending on the particular project, such support being varying combination of the above task.
- Participation in project and programme reviews when required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Engineering, Business or Natural Science
- Proven ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- High degree of project development experience within the renewable energy sector (ideally with REIPPPP) or in other industries facing similar challenges, such as infrastructure and construction.
- Proven commercial experience in negotiation of Project Sale Agreements.
- Possession of a valid South Africa Code 08 driver’s licence.
- Motivated, driven and ability to self-manage.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Proven experience of successfully managing multiple projects within budget and on schedule.
- Willing to travel as required on occasion.