Manchu Group, a business and technology services company based in Sandton, wishes to attract a recent graduate to join our internship programme as an Electrical Engineering support officer. Manchu Group services local and global organisations across different sectors of our economy.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
The Electrical Engineering intern will work under supervision to perform various roles including:
- Assess the maintenance and electrical requirements of jobs assigned and allocated
- Coordinate and manage external suppliers and contractors.
- Assist to execute and attend to electrical maintenance tasks, equipment and breakdowns
- Provide technical support and input during the execution of energy measurement and audit engagements.
- Assist with report writing of energy measurement and audit projects.
- Support the activities of designers, consultants, and contractors to achieve efficient use of resources, meet deadlines for deliverables, minimize delays, avoid crises, and resolve conflicts for projects.
- Ensure adherence to safety procedures, operation of equipment and report unsafe practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Applicants must also fit the following criteria:
• B.Sc(Eng) / B.Eng/ BTech in Electrical Engineering
• Previous exposure or focus on energy and or renewables will be highly advantageous.
• Excellent Communication skills
• Driver’s Licence