Driven by Challenge?
It’s at the heart of what we do – to take up the challenge on every front to migrate the world to affordable and sustainable renewable energy.
If you are also driven by challenge, commitment and enthusiasm, then you too can join the largest energy storage manufacturer in Africa, leading the market in product innovation, performance, reliability, and quality. Our footprint extends across Africa and further afield into several other key markets.
We have a vacancy for an IT Administrator to form part of our fast paced and growing business. The right candidates should have knowledge and experience working with network and server technology as well as typical IT services found in an advanced network and ensure the stable operation of the in-house networks and to design, install, administer, and optimise company services and related components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic SAP HANA experience and support essential.
- Assist users with day-to-day queries.
- Provide training to users where applicable.
- Update and maintain user rights.
- Creation of additional reports as required.
- Creating of secure links for users to connect to the SAP environment.
- First line support
- Manage all network connection problems (WAN/LAN), wireless/Wired, Firewall, Switches etc.
- Manage all applications, Windows, Microsoft Office, SAP, Management Reporting Services, Remote desktop connections.
- First contact point for users with questions / IT related incidents by phone, by mail and remote assistance.
- Offer support on any kind of questions / issues users experience.
- Troubleshooting basic computer issues (hardware, system, and software).
- Troubleshooting basic connectivity issues.
- IT Administration
- Implement a backup system and ensure backups are verified and correctly run to ensure business continuity
- Ensure network cables and cabling is installed appropriately
- Ensure all antivirus software is updates on a regular basis
- Setup of computers for new users
- Troubleshooting any issues with local internet connection. Optionally monitor local connections and infrastructure. Contract local ISP to resolve local internet connections
- Fulfil network administrator duties
- Facilitate and execute the process to change to own IT infrastructure
- Assessment of local applications used by users that possibly must be re-installed or that contain data that has to be archived
- Change of windows product key and activate windows again and or deploy a new operating system
- Continual deployment of company’s IT procedures
- Implementing a server to be accessed by all users
- Maintaining of printer network and printers.
- Assisting with VPN queries.
- Implementing IT procedures.
- Reporting on:
- Current IT issues and project management of the issues.
- Update user list against company equipment.
- Update flow charts of IT mapping as and when there are changes.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years in IT/software development, system administration.
- Relevant IT qualification.
- Perform and maintain system backups and recovery via backup software.
- Administration of cloud-based infrastructure.
- Strong technical and user guide documentation skills.