Our client in the mechanization industry, has an opportunity available for a Field Service Engineer - Motors and Generators to be based in the Eastern Suburbs of Johannesburg.
- Qualified Millwright / Mechanical Fitter / Technical Diploma in mechanical / Electrical engineering field.
- 5 to 8 years plus technical experience on MV Electrical Machine.
- Basic electrical knowledge, service solutions in Drives and Motors & Motion Services portfolio offering.
- Good Knowledge on mechanical alignment, mechanical vibration analysis, high voltage Motors/generator installation,
commissioning, maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of health and safety operating procedures.
- Onsite/application problem solving abilities and solution approach mindset.
- Perform Service tasks like installation and commissioning of equipment, routine maintenance independently, identify technical problems and make analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements etc.).
- Coordinate, prepares, and ensure that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities.
- Report work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed.
- Troubleshoot simple equipment failure and make recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future, provide recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service.
Please note that prospective employees will be subject to security vetting. Should you not hear from us within 10 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.