- Under general supervision performs more detailed designs.
- Calculates and checks routine types of designs using computer-aided and manual design techniques.
- Works with vendor data and personnel in other disciplines for the performance of designs.
- Responsible for squad checks of vendor data and drawings from other disciplines. Works within codes, standards and company procedures.
- Under supervision performs and checks calculations and designs using both computer-aided and manual design techniques.
- Works independently and provides guidance and mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Organises/plans jobs, writes/reviews specifications, prepares/maintains schedules, develops/monitors estimates and manpower forecasts, assigns work, works with project/client/field, material procurement, permit and subcontract activities.
- Develops client relations. Utilises vendor data and works across other disciplines for the performance of designs.
- Performs squad checks or vendor data and drawings from other disciplines.
- Assists in the development of department standards and procedures. Assist in audits.
- Use company standards and procedures, and exhibit understanding of legislation and industry practices
Special Qualities Or Experience Required:
- Degree with a minimum of 2 years related experience; and
- Design software: StaadPro and/or Prokon, AutoCAD, MicroStation, MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); and
- Previous experience in the Petrochemical industry is preferable but not essential.
- Essential: BSc in Civil Engineering degree and working towards Profession Registration.